atcomsystems.ca/forum
System Call For: Employee's Name (Strange Ring)

A phone recieves a different ring tone and than normal and the VM box gets a message saying, "System Call For: Employee's Name" and asks for personal pin number. When the personal pin number is entered the VM recording jumps to the next message ... like there isn't a VM recording for the "System Call For: Employee's Name" VM entry.

This is happening on a regular basis. Every Monday there is at least 10 or more messages like this on the users phone.

I have no clue where to even start for disabling or even troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks for all the help you guys give, awesome place to get help. Greatly appreciative.
On the Users Phone when its Idle, does it show that he has VM MSG's in the Display?
Check the user's mailbox options. I'd look at "message delivery to your work phone." if this is on, the system will call the user to alert of messages instead of simply turning on the light.
The new messages are showing up on the LED display and there is a number [203] in the top of the display when a new message is put there.

I turned off the "message delivery to your work phone".
The Next step will be to find where these MSG's or coming from. When you put the System into NT after 5PM make some test Call's to see when the VM tries to leave a MSG for that User.
Okay, I'll leave this forum comment open until I call tonight and leave a couple messages on that particular extension.

Again, and again .. I can't believe how much help you guys give for phone systems. Thank you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help