atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cbwisconsin Push to email using SV8100 - 11/03/09 02:22 PM
Hi we recently got a new voicemail system, we are using older model NEC phones and our tech cannot get our voicemail and faxes to consistingly push to email. They also can not figure out how to make the attachment in PDF format, currently it comes through as a TIFF file, which we can not view from our blackberrys. I could really appreciate any help anyone could give me, I am about ready to rip the system off the wall and just use an internet system for fax to email. Thank You.
Posted By: doghart Re: Push to email using SV8100 - 11/03/09 08:55 PM
The system will only send a TIF file for fax. As far as I know Blackberry does support viewing of SINGLE PAGE TIF files. This is a Blackberry limitation, so if you want to destroy some technology, throw it against the wall. laugh

Chances are if you are not consistently getting mail from the voicemail unit that there is a setup issue with your mail/exchange server and not the phone system/voicemail.

I've set this up on many SV8100 installations and never had a trouble with the PBX/Mail server. Always fighting the client's network and exchange server issues.

I personally use an iPhone and I am able to view multi-page TIF and playback the voicemail attachments without issue.... Blackberry is another nightmare.... There is third party downloads for certain Blackberry models to convert TIF to PDF and view multi-page TIF files.

https://tinyurl.com/yjzddnt

If he doesn't already know how, your installation tech should be able to call NEC tech support and have them show him how to run traces off the SV8100 CPU using PuTTy or Hyperterminal. When a message is unable to be delivered he can review the trace to see why.

good luck!

D
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help