atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dbx SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/06/09 06:34 PM
Hi All

The status LEDs on my SV8100 CD-CP00 are showing a sequence which doesn't seem to be documented in the copy of the hardware manual which I have. Here's the sequence:

LED 1 - Blinking (GREEN)
LED 2 - On (RED)
LED 3 - Off
LED 4 - Off
LED 5 - Off

The unit is s CHS2U B-EU. It's the European version of the smaller three slot CHS2U.

Since resetting the unit and clearing all programming, I'm also having trouble accessing WebPro. It seems to be random as to whether it will work. Power cycling the unit sometimes helps, and other times not. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Daniel
Posted By: DrPbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/06/09 07:46 PM
I would guess an IP conflict would effect WebPro. Are you on a network or test-bench?
Posted By: Toolie Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/06/09 08:22 PM
If you have a VoIP duaghter board installed in the system, LED 2 will be on RED. That is normal, although it is not documented.........
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/07/09 05:58 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Toolie - thanks for the info on the VoIP daughter board. I do have a VoIP daughter board installed.

It's on a test bench so the IP addressing is pretty tightly controlled. What's weird is the problem is intermittent. When it doesn't work, I'm unable to access WebPro via either the VoIP or standard ethernet interfaces. When it does I can use either. It's a bit of a weird one so I'm also starting to think I've overlooked something simple.

I'm attempting to debug with Wireshark at the mo so I'll see how it goes and keep a special eye out of IP conflicts.
Posted By: Toolie Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/07/09 11:55 AM
Once you have a VoIP board in the system, the IP address for the Ethernet port should be zeroed out. You should not use that connection for anything, including WebPro access.
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/07/09 02:49 PM
I figured that's what I needed to do. I seem to be able to access WebPro consistently now, but I'm having trouble getting the unit to remember programming between reboots.

I've managed to get it to remember the date/time, and VoIP daughter board IP, but other than that it's refusing to remember settings between reboots. I zeroed out the ether port IP address and also set the default gateway, but it's refusing to keep it saved. Same goes for my SIP trunk settings. I've checked the battery is seated OK on the CPU board. Any other ideas?
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/07/09 03:58 PM
I've given the unit another factory reset xx xxxxxxx XXXXXX xxx xxxxxxxx xx xxx xxxx. The second status LED that I was expecting to stay on now no longer comes on! The unit just blinks the first green LED now. However, it still thinks it's got a VoIP daughter board installed. Just when I thought I was starting to understand...

I always prided myself on being pretty resourceful when it comes to working out something like this without any formal training, but this is proving to be a pain!

My situation is that the system was originally purchased and installed by an NEC reseller. My client was very unhappy with the reseller's service so they cancelled the contract. They asked me if I would be in a position to help them out and I said I'd be willing to take a look. I called NEC and asked them for copies of the documentation, which they wouldn't give me. Apparently they have an agreement with their resellers meaning they can't give any documentation to end users! I was hoping I'd be able to help my client avoid having to enter into another costly maintenance agreement, but it's not looking promising. No thanks to NEC!

I managed to find copies of the Hardware and Programming manuals by digging around on Google. However I can't get my hands on a copy of PCPro, which is frustrating. Again, NEC couldn't help me.
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/07/09 04:38 PM
Ok, well another Googling session has found me a copy of PCPro for the unit, so I'll see how I get on...
Posted By: Toolie Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/08/09 07:03 AM
I would suggest that you back up the database with PC Pro, then do a system software upgrade or reload. Do the cold start reload so the existing porgramming is wiped out, then reload the database.
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/08/09 10:29 AM
I'm not sure that I can do a software reload or update since I don't have any firmware images available and don't know how I'd go about getting hold of them. Still looking around...
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/08/09 12:29 PM
Ok, it seems as if the problems with the unit not saving programming between reboots has a simple fix. Ensuring I disconnect my PCPro session before rebooting the unit seems to do it.

As for firmware and PCPro. Am I right in saying that NEC NTAC is the only place to download everything? I'm not entirely sure if I'm using exactly the correct release of PCPro and I wouldn't be comfortable flashing the unit unless I was sure I've got the correct firmware. Mine's a European unit so I'd imagine there might be specific European firmware images for example.

Is there anyone out there who perhaps works for a reseller who'd be willing to provide me with the appropriate downloads? I'd be happy to pay a small fee for your trouble. NEC did say to me that I'd have to contact a reseller to obtain anything. Problem is, we fell out with our previous reseller due to their poor service.
Posted By: dbx Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 11/08/09 02:05 PM
Looks like the reseller remotely removed some feature licenses from the unit when my client decided to break their agreement with them. It has no licenses installed for IP terminals anymore...

The day the phone call was made to the reseller, all the phones stopped working and displayed a 'License Exceeded: 5101' message, which seemed like too much of a coindicence.
Posted By: delsar_delsar Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/18/09 07:19 PM
Hold up. Here in Aus the red led means an alarm you can use pc pro to view the alarms in a report (its the easiest to read) you can clear the alarm in command 90-53-01 - normally i only would clear them after install so that when running a report i have removed anything before then.

Then i dont care if its on or not
There are different flash rates depening on the severity
Posted By: dans Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/21/09 05:58 AM
I'm sure there are more than 1 reseller or dealer in the UK. Have your customer contact one of them, they will clear this issue up a quicker then you. If the original reseller is up to no good and is giving bad service NEC needs to be notified, NEC will not tolerate this behavior.
Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/21/09 04:27 PM
Originally posted by delsar_delsar:
Hold up. Here in Aus the red led means an alarm you can use pc pro to view the alarms in a report (its the easiest to read) you can clear the alarm in command 90-53-01 - normally i only would clear them after install so that when running a report i have removed anything before then.
Have you ever had any success in clearing the alarms from the report module?? The above MB turns off the alarm notification on the CPU LED but i have never been able to clear all the alarms. When I run up the report, maintenance, alarms they still go back to the day the system was first programmed..
Posted By: delsar_delsar Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/22/09 05:00 PM
paulw, Not sure, i thought that it did but maybe not?!
Posted By: delsar_delsar Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/22/09 08:31 PM
ok found that infact when you delete alarms in 90-53-01 all alarms are deleted from SV8100. PCpro has a folder that is storing alarms from other systems you have looked at by ip address

To clear pcpro alarm folder just delete: \"your install path"\alarms\ "all the *.mdb's"

DO NOT delete the alarms folder
Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100 Status LEDs - 12/23/09 01:16 PM
Well done. Solves that mystery. Must add it to my notes..

Have a good Xmas break..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help