atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KEY TEL Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 07:29 AM
I'm helping out a friend who installed a DSX 160. His health is failing and he asked me to look after this customer for him. I know systems, but not NEC, and have two questions.

I've got a bad SLIU board, and wonder if it is worth repairing it. Any feedback?

The customer wants to come out of Auto attendant (with a dial "0") to two different sets, one of which is the current operator. Documentation says Group Ring will not work for operator, (and it doesnt). Any ideas?

Bill
Posted By: eriway Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 07:41 AM
SLIU may still be in warranty. NEC DSX parts carry 2 year warranty. The distributor that sold the DSX to your friend should be able to help with the warranty.

Ring groups will work with dial "0" option. In 4231-10 (Dial table data for "0"); set to 2 = UTRF, press HOLD, enter 600.

Then for the two stations you want to ring: in 2113-02 enter ring group "1" (which is 600).
Posted By: KEY TEL Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 08:32 AM
Thanks!!
I'll start looking at the Ring Group advice...

RE the board - It was fried by lightening.
The system went in with no protection and some stations cabled "building to building" across a metal roof...OOPS.
Posted By: KEY TEL Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 09:28 AM
This is where I ran into trouble earlier this week. The documentation says, "System Operators will not ring for Ring Group calls."

I added the current operator, and the second station to the ring group. I used 4321 to send calls to 600. When the second station was the second operator (1502-02) it would not ring. If I removed it as the second operator, it would ring.

Weird
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 10:28 AM
If warranty does not cover lightning strikes, insurance should.
Posted By: KEY TEL Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 10:44 AM
Yes, I suggested that to this customer...I just hate to throw away a board if it can be repaired for a reasonable fraction of it's cost new.

Green living!!
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Board repair and Ring Groups - 11/24/09 11:27 AM
In 1501 set the number of Operators to 0 - this will let you put the main phone into a ring group. Alternately, you can send dial 0 to the operator's extension and place a call cover key for that extension on the second phone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help