atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jbiederman Electra Elite IPK II DTMF issue - 11/30/09 11:57 AM
Greetings,

We are battling a strange issue here in our office, and neither our phone installer or the local telephone company seems to be able to help us with this.

When an incoming call from a specific local exchance comes in the caller has to hit their button 3 times to enter our phone queues.

This only affects callers who are in our same local exchange as our office AND have fiber optic telephone service, we do not have fiber, we are still on copper. Any other exchange, be it local or cellular, works just fine, users press whatever extension number and get right through.

I am confident working with the phone system to set up extensions and the simple stuff webpro interface, but I am lost when it comes to the technical side of some of the screens.

I guess my question really is, is there some threshhold setting for incoming DTMF tones? If this is not the case, is there something I can push back to verizon engineering?

I tried to be as clear as possible, if you need any more information please feel free to PM or post.

System Specs
Electra Elite IPK II with WebPro 1.60.04

Thanks in advance for any and all help you might be able to provide.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Electra Elite IPK II DTMF issue - 11/30/09 12:54 PM
Are your Copper lines being answered By Voice Mail? If so, Log into Webpro and go to "Port Status" to see what the Voice Mail Port is doing After it Answers the Call?
Posted By: doghart Re: Electra Elite IPK II DTMF issue - 11/30/09 01:59 PM
Are you using Inmail?

If so there is a patch for this through NEC.

You have to manually replace the intra.dbu file in the 1.61 upgrade compact flash with a fixed file from NEC.

NEC tech support has to email you this file, it is not available for download from necntac website.

D
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help