atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WJS MOH using an mp3 - 12/07/09 05:11 PM
I have a customer with an IPK. They have an mp3 player for the music on hold device. I've listened to the music and it's fine. I've turned on the BGM and listened and that's fine. However callers placed on hold hear choppy music that fades in and out. They have switched mp3 players and have the same result. Is this not compatable?
Posted By: doghart Re: MOH using an mp3 - 12/07/09 06:43 PM
Some MP3 players do not have a balanced output for the headphone jack, can cause this issue.

Works fine with headphones, but the input for the system is more picky.

D
Posted By: CSS_ETS05 Re: MOH using an mp3 - 12/07/09 08:02 PM
This is depends on the bit rate of the music file. you can try to normalize the music file by some third party softwares and can check it.
Posted By: brokeda Re: MOH using an mp3 - 12/07/09 08:09 PM
If music sounds good on bgm in house but bad over CO line MOH, most likely the lines. Any kind of VOIP stuff does not play well with music.
Posted By: oobie Re: MOH using an mp3 - 12/10/09 12:47 PM
Brokeda is on to something! We fought with a carrier that changed out to a SOFT SWITCH and a dozen of our customers call saying that there MOH wasn't working. It took about a week of fighting with the carrier and they found that it was there problem because I went out to a site and took 3 different manufacturers system and installed 3 different MOH devices and they all did the same thing.
Posted By: Tanja Re: MOH using an mp3 - 02/22/11 05:43 AM
Originally posted by oobie:
Brokeda is on to something! We fought with a carrier that changed out to a SOFT SWITCH and a dozen of our customers call saying that there MOH wasn't working. It took about a week of fighting with the carrier and they found that it was there problem because I went out to a site and took 3 different manufacturers system and installed 3 different MOH devices and they all did the same thing.
Hi,
have the same problem here in Italy with Telecom Italia: how can I explain to customer service this problem ?
Thanks a lot,

tanja
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help