atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: junkbox Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 08:50 AM
hmm... well, I'm getting a fast busy when calling in to a DID from the outside. The switch IS up I can get into WebPro, I can also get into voicemail, BUT it's displaying this error:

>>1. Error 65-5
2. Fail
3. Fail
4. Fail

-----

The dilema, I'm roughly 16 miles away, and there's 2 fresh feet of snow, and the plows aren't running. SOOO... no one is going to be in the office but I need to set voice mail to nite but, it has little effect if I get a fast busy.

Do I attempt to reset the switch from here, knowing that VMP may or may not come back up?

EDIT: sorry, IPKII.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 08:56 AM
The Voice Mail is allready Down If your Ports Are diplaying Fail. May as well Give it a Shot, I don't see why Not. Can you contact the System using Putty? If so, you can Reboot that way.
Posted By: junkbox Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 09:14 AM
Can I reset through CoSessions?
Posted By: Rickman Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 09:45 AM
I beleave you can if You open up the Maint. Menu, (you Know where you can run Defrag and Database Errors) I think there will be a Reboot Option. I think it's Number 5 or 6.
Posted By: junkbox Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 10:14 AM
Yeah, I don't have physical access to the switch to flip the maint switch. I'm trying to reset the card via WebPro and am getting:

Can not reset the package. Check that the package is installed in the slot and is not busy.

I have reset the CPU remotely but I don't think that has an effect on individual cards. I'm not sure how to get into the VMP with Putty...
Posted By: Rickman Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 10:23 AM
Putty is for the LX Voice Mail. If you are Using CoSessions, You have a VMP. Can You Connect to the Voice Mail with CoSessions? If so, from the Banner Screen, Press Esc on your Keyboard, it will ask You if you want to disssconnect all the Lines say yes, Your maint. Menu should appear on your screen One of the seclections should be reboot.
Posted By: doghart Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 10:32 AM
In my experience, when the ports give you that fail error there's only one fix that MIGHT work.

What is happening is the vmail card is not seeing the programming for the card slot in the KSU.

You have to delete the card and reprogram it.

Possibly movie it to another slot if it won't recognize in the original slot.

D
Posted By: junkbox Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 12:11 PM
@Rickman

That worked, and VM is back up. Everyone's in Nite Mode and hopefully someone can make it in in the next couple day. Thanks man.

@doghart

You think those errors are indicitive of something about to go bad? It's been tough up here the last week nothing but snow, 2-3 power outages a day. I wonder if it was just "out of sync"
Posted By: Rickman Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 12:14 PM
Glad I Could Help :thumb:
Posted By: Rickman Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 02:23 PM
Also Junkbox, you might want to go back into the Maint. Menu again when you get a chance perform a defrag and repair database errors when you get a Chance that is. If the Place is Closed this might be a good time to do that.
Posted By: paulw Re: Fast Busy and EliteMail error - 01/22/10 07:37 PM
Was this a new mail or not on the IPK2 as there was a new autoexe.bat released to slow the mail boot process down by 2 minutes to allow for the switch to boot up before the DOS mail started up causing the problem you have..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help