atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paulw Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/26/10 11:30 AM
We have only one left here but the customer will not change it out to a SV8100.

Any still in use up north??
Posted By: Rickman Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/26/10 01:48 PM
I Don't Know about the North, But down Here(South) I've Never Heard of the Cascade IPK. And I've been doing NEC for 25 Years. What is It?
Posted By: paulw Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/26/10 04:03 PM
Cascade IPK1 consisted of two IPK1 systems tied together with a two special DTi 24 cards to make one large system. Similar concept as can be done with the SV8100 and Netlink. One in slot 1 of the top cabinet of system one and one in slot 1 of the first cabinet of the second system. Inter system desk to desk calling was done Digit Insertion method via the DTi. If you want more details PM me with your email address and I'll send info. The concept was fine but the implementation was a pig..
Posted By: doghart Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/26/10 07:23 PM
I think it's what we call KCCIS??

D
Posted By: Rickman Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/27/10 05:38 AM
Thanks for the Info Guys, KCCIS I Understand. For a Second there I was worried I Had Missed a Series somewhere. :sleep:
paul,

We still have one here. Attitude is if it aint broke don't fix, especially if it cost $$$. Dog/Rick it is slightly different than KCCIS, in Features and Spec under Cascade CPU
Posted By: doghart Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/27/10 09:52 AM
Have never heard of it, sounds rare, and fun to setup.
Posted By: paulw Re: Anyone still using IPK1 cascade systems? - 01/27/10 11:31 AM
Originally posted by doghart:
Have never heard of it, sounds rare, and fun to setup.
It is both of those. Wish it would go extinct..
Ah yes we have one no real issues with it. it only has virtuls in it though
Anyone that has been doing NEC "key systems", knows, or should, cascading CPU is in the features and specification manual. The software version must be higher than 1600, it is not supported on 1600 or lower. It actually works great.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help