atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen UX to SV8300 - 01/28/10 03:28 PM
WOW. What a difference in programming. I am halfway through Cert and I am so lost. I went in thinking it would just be a bigger version of the UX. I have been programming since the i-series was new. Had almost 0 experience on the IPK side. I would have thought they would have simplified programming to some extent but it still seems to be haphazard in the programming layout. I guess it is what you're used to. I am not knocking the 8300. I don;t know enough about it, but I just can;t get my head around the programming flow just yet.
Any good cheat sheets out there?
Posted By: paulw Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/28/10 03:59 PM
The 1980s program language of the NEC 2000 and 8300 series systems is the one reason I chose to work only with KTS systems.. It's like to doing your word processing with the likes of Vi or Edlin..
Posted By: doghart Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/28/10 04:22 PM
If you're not familiar with the IPS2000 then trying to figure out an 8300 will make no sense at all....

good luck!
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/28/10 04:28 PM
The SV8300 takes its programming from the
NEAX 2000/IVS/IVS2/IPS which got its base from the NEAX 1400, which got its base from the NEAX Impulse.
Posted By: Rickman Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/29/10 05:29 AM
There are some good Cheat Sheets on the NTAC web site. The only thing I have a Problem with on the 8300 is They are still using LCR Programming witch in itself is a Mine Field. The rest of it is a Piece of cake. Just remember not to make it any Harder than it already is. After you work with it, it will all fall into place. (hang in there).
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/29/10 08:17 AM
Thanks guys at least I;m not alone in my feelings. It isnot hard if you know where things go, but finding those things.....
I will site a simple but frustrating item. Things are indexed to 0. Fine. But make everything index to 0 then. The main unit is 1, the 2nd unit is 0, third is 2 ?!?!?!
I hope to find some consolation if I know that those proficient on the NEAX/SV8300 are just as lost on the i-series, Aspire/UX smile
Posted By: g711 Re: UX to SV8300 - 01/30/10 11:25 AM
Just my 2 cents. Work out what you want the system to do before you start programming. Get everything assigned in CMD 10 or 1000 as the case may be. Do your trunk and route programming. Then set up your extensions with the features they can access. Program your buttons. Unless you have copper lines and T1 lines you don't have to worry about LCR. Other than that the default values work pretty good.

This is not a "key system" but an actual PABX and gives you valuable insite if you are every going to work on larger systems such as the NEC 2400 class systems or Definity systems you will need to know the general outline of how these systems work.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help