atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CATinAZ NEC EliteMail - 02/03/10 07:39 AM
I am looking for help on a voicemail problem, but I am not a tech. I'm just a user who is supposed to make this work without calling anyone to fix it. We have an NEC Electra Elite IPK with EliteMail CMS. All our boxes work when we transfer a call directly, but when the day voice message or the night voice message comes on and you try an extension, some pick up and you get to voice mail, and some don't. Is there something I can do to correct this through the System Manager Options? As I say, I am not a tech, and I don't have access to anything but the programming through the phone.

Thanks.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: NEC EliteMail - 02/03/10 07:47 AM
PM sent.
Posted By: eriway Re: NEC EliteMail - 02/03/10 10:09 AM
All phones must be told: "If I'm busy or do not answer" forward to my mailbox. This is simply done at each phone: press [speaker,] dial 43, in the brackets on the screen you will need to input the voice mail pilot number (typically, 300). If you don't know the vm pilot number, go to any phone that does go to vm properly and do the [speaker] 43, and see what digits are in the brackets to the right on the display.
Posted By: CATinAZ Re: NEC EliteMail - 02/03/10 01:49 PM
I checked the non-answering phones and they did not have the code, so I changed it and tested and it works! Thanks so much for your help. I never would have figured it out from the manuals.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NEC EliteMail - 02/14/10 05:03 PM
You may also want to see if the phones are set to ring versus auto-answer, as they will not forward if they auto-answer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help