atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fooey Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 08:45 AM
Ever had a DSX80 crash the network?

trying to figure out why the network was down in a remote office...

Tried pinging, power cycling all network devices, called isp, they got into their devices and could see our devices, rebooted their device....

Was thinking it was a 24 port switch which would explain everything but right before I got to my local office to pick up a spare switch and head that way, the remote office calls and says they unplugged and plugged back in the big black box on the wall (aka dsx80) and the network came back up...

it is connected to the network so I can make changes remotely...but, other than another device on the network with the same ip, how on earth could the dsx80 pull down the network?
Posted By: Rickman Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 09:09 AM
I don't think that a Phone System would be able to Pull down a Network, I would check Your Power Maybe a Bad Outlet?
Posted By: fooey Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 09:53 AM
well, that is what I thought, but the mgr down there told me exactly what he did last and singularly right before I headed down there and it was only one thing, disconnected and reconnected the power to the dsx....I know, it makes no sense but...other than complete and total happenstance...I have no clue...
Posted By: ttech Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 11:00 AM
I had a Network card set to Auto negotiate speed and duplex and it worked fine for years.

One day it took down the network switch . I unplugged the computer and the network switch came back up. I plugged it an and the network went down again.

Now I make it a habit of Setting the speed and duplex manually in computers and the DSX. When both ends are set to auto negotiate weird things can happen.
Posted By: KLD Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 11:12 AM
That is the answer, alright. I have had one DSX 80 and one 120 do strange things....unplug from the network....things settle down.

Good to know I was not the only one having this issue.

:thumb:
Posted By: fooey Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/08/10 11:57 AM
Will check ASAP
Posted By: DaveS Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/09/10 10:26 AM
What version of software is running on the DSX?
Posted By: fooey Re: Ever had a DSX80 crash the network? - 02/10/10 01:20 PM
system software version 2.22
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help