atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eriway IPK II PAL Chip - 02/18/10 02:01 PM
I visited a new customer who has the IPK II, single cabinet equipped for PRI, 48 station, 8 port CTI voice mail. He wants to add an additional 16 stations (has last 2 slots available... I'll use the ESI-B/E cards).

He uses the WebPro interface, and I could see under system configuration a field that read: "PAL Type = Expand". I am assuming that this indicates that the system already has the expanded PAL chip.
Am I interpreting that correctly,or is telling me the system needs to be expanded?
Posted By: dans Re: IPK II PAL Chip - 02/18/10 02:34 PM
The IPK II expands by license not a chip. If I remember the basic was up to 64 ports.
Posted By: eriway Re: IPK II PAL Chip - 02/18/10 03:04 PM
Dans,

Are you sure about that? This is one of the original IPK II's......

About 3 years ago I installed a 3 cabinet IPK II with over 100 phones, 2 PRI's, 8-port voice mail, etc. I put in the PAL chip, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything with licensing (unless my distributor did it for me at his shop).

I have also done several Aspires with the PKU/PAL chip.... never any licensing.

How can I tell if this particular KSU can handle 16 more stations?
Posted By: paulw Re: IPK II PAL Chip - 02/18/10 04:08 PM
The IPK2 comes with a PALB chip for 64 ports. To take it to full size you need a PALE chip.
Posted By: BTECH Re: IPK II PAL Chip - 02/18/10 04:09 PM
Eriway, you are correct in assuming the expand means the pal is already installed. If the Pal was not installed it would =basic, instead of expand.
The IPK II does expand by the PAL/PKU chip.
Posted By: dans Re: IPK II PAL Chip - 02/19/10 01:01 PM
Sorry about the miss information!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help