atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: comlan Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 12:26 PM
Electra Pro Level II Advanced.
VoiceCentre PC Based Voice Mail

Having trouble with just one Extension.

When a call is transferred to this users voice mail box using ExtNO+7 the caller is prompted to enter the mailbox number they are trying to reach. All other extensions work fine. The caller gets the personal greeting for the ext they were transferred to.

Sounds like the VM is not getting the digits of the transferred extension on the Quick Transfer.
I am thinking it is something missing in "Telephone Mode" programming on the switch but can't seem to find what it is.

Any Ideas? Thanks
Posted By: Rickman Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 12:49 PM
Call The Voice Mail, when It answers Dial *2# to get to the Main Greeting. Once There, try to dial the Ext. No. do you get the Persons greeting?
Posted By: comlan Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 01:07 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I am not at the site now, and cannot find anyone there to run thru the procedure you have asked about.

I do know that the way they are handling this now is to Dial Ext+7, wait for AA to answer and ask for you to enter the mailbox number you are trying to reach, enter the mailbox number when prompted, then hang up. The caller does hear the personal mailbox greeting.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 01:14 PM
also check the Ext.'s transfer options are set to on.
Posted By: comlan Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 01:47 PM
What "Ext's transfer options" are you asking about?

Do you know the program number? I can't see anything in "Telephone Programming Options" that would relate to this??

Thanks
Posted By: Rickman Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 01:52 PM
The Transfer Options in that Persons Voice Mail Box.You can get to those Options when you log into the box. Was This working before and Just stopped or is this a New Install?
Posted By: comlan Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/22/10 03:40 PM
Apparently, this mailbox has had this issue for some time.

I was able to log into the mailbox, but did not hear any options that would cause this issue.

Do you know how the "Ext+7" or "Quick transfer to VM" modes work?

It seems like there must be a setting in the phone switch that is not forwarding along the phone ext to the voice mail system.

Thanks
Posted By: Rickman Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/23/10 06:52 AM
"Quick transfer to VM" is a System wide Program, if one works all should work. I would check all your ext. Numbers and Ports in MB:4-10 for duplicates Then try Deleting and Remake the Box. Before testing, remove all call forwarding make sure you can transfer a line to the Ext, (without Dialing 7).If you can, then set Cfb/na to see if the call will go to their box.
Posted By: comlan Re: Voice Mail Transfer Issue - 04/23/10 04:04 PM
Problem solved.

There was another screen in the voice mail setup that had to be configured to associate the mailbox with the extension.

Thanks for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help