atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dondebash IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/23/10 04:36 AM
I trying to connect an IPK II to a Right Fax PRI server, NEC tech support says unless Right Fax emulates a CO PRI it will not work, Right Fax says they have connected to everything as of right now it don't work. I have DID's pointed to virtuals fwded to an F-Route whichs routes them to a trunk group connected to a PRI card to their RightFax server. If I call the virtual it routes to the trunk group then drops. NEC says it's because they don't see the connection. Right Fax says they don't recieve the call but they say they don't have a way to monitor it. I've installed and serviced the IPK II for years but know nothing about this Right Fax any suggestions??? Customer is losing patience...
Posted By: Ham Re: IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/26/10 06:37 PM
Ok, Question one just curious why a Pri from the KSU to the Fax server?
#2 Have you crossed the pairs? I guess what my point is most in house labs we have used a crossover T-1 cable not a network crossover, do you have a way to verify the "d" channel is connecting from your equipment to theirs,
I have used analog ports and yes you point the DIDS to a virtual that is forwarded to a Analog port (example a 4 port fax server, a little department group) but the analog ports are set to in 15-02-03 is special and 15-02-16 is set to yes" Special DTMF Protocol Sending" passes the DTMF tones.This is a setup I have done with Right Fax from 2 to 48 port fax servers and most Pri's Fax servers have been straight through from Pri directley to the Fax server, I could see if you were using fax blasting but...
can I politely ask what you are trying to accomplish by using a DTI card and a fax server that takes a PRI.
Have you checked you clock.. you know all the basic Pri setups....
Also have used the ARS simulator, I assume you have ars setup it does help as far as figuring out Froutes sometimes shows what is actually dialed by going through the Froutes plus trying doing a little #90xx feature code and grab the actual channel and dial what you are looking for,

all of this wont work though unless they "RightFax" can provide you with the provising that you are trying to use as well for your PRI setup , B8zs/ESF how many channels, are you trunks setup for DID, which brings me to my last question are using Froutes to redirect calls from the Right fax server and go out another trunk Group? Thanks
Posted By: Dondebash Re: IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/27/10 11:10 AM
I'm using a PRI DTI because that's what RightFax requested. I have hooked up other Fax servers but have always used a Single analog ports or T1. I have no way to verify the D channel and personally don't think it will work but Right Fax insist it will they have hooked it many times to other systems however they have no documtation.NEC says unless they emulate a CO PRI it won't work,here here I'm stuck between two manufacters and a customer that has spent a ton of money.
Posted By: Ham Re: IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/27/10 03:17 PM
How and what is it using for actual voice channels to the outside world, It just seems over kill to go from the Faxserver to the PBX and then back out on Im assuming another PRI?
But yeah, they should be able to help you or at least work with you, sorry for your headache.
Edit: Just for grins have you tryed setting up the channels as TIE
Posted By: Dondebash Re: IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/28/10 07:45 PM
I tried DID and TIE, Changed everything from PRI to T-1 just for grins, still nothing. I'm meeting with the RightFax people, the customer and their IT dept tommorrow guess I'll see what comes of it,if anything changes and I get this working I'll let you know, Thanks for the suggestions.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: IPK II with RightFax PRI - 04/28/10 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Dondebash:
NEC tech support says unless Right Fax emulates a CO PRI it will not work.
This is where the issue lies, make sure they are set to PRI emulation.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help