atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ Strange Anomally - 08/11/10 06:08 AM
I have a customer with a DSX (was v3.09, now 3.2). In the middle of a call the caller would suddenly be cut off and put into voicemail. The customer has a PRI. This has happened on two different extensions when the caller was using the DID for the person they were talking to. In all cases it was coming from the same cell number and speaking to the caller, he did have some problems with signal.

I am inclined to think it is the cell, but that doesn't explain the call going into VM like it does. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Strange Anomally - 08/11/10 03:40 PM
I'm inclined to think it's the cell also. Sometimes when a cell tower drops a call, it seems to try to re-establish the same call right away. If the other person hasn't realized that the call dropped, the call would CF-B to VM. I've had that happen one or two times at most.

I can't think of anything in the switch or in a PRI that would drop and re-establish, but if it happens to other callers, or if it happens from a landline, etc., then I'd log the calls and look for a pattern (like with any intermittent problem).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help