atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lee07 Hold Message - 09/29/10 12:31 AM
Hello,
In a 2000 IPS system using CP24 card, I needed to replace the CPU with a new one , in the old CPU there is a hold commercial message recorded using the built in DATs circuits in the CPU24.
How can I copy that hold message from the old CPU to the new CPU??
Regards.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Hold Message - 09/29/10 09:20 PM
I can't think of anyway this can be done. How did the recordings get onto the current CPU?
Posted By: Lee07 Re: Hold Message - 10/01/10 09:14 AM
DrPbx
Thank you for your reply.
On your question, it was done simply by placing the mic of an ordinary phone in front of the PC speaker and played the message after I dialed the access code for recording the hold message feature as in feature programming manual for the message on hold by DAT "Digital Announcement Trunk". But for now I DO NOT have the CD for the meesage to use.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Hold Message - 10/01/10 01:30 PM
If you have MatWorx, you might be able to back up the CPU onto a laptop. I am not certain if this includes the DAT recordings, you will need to check the manual.

Radio Shack used to have a simple device for recording from a telephone line. Another choice would be to use this to record the DAT message to your PC or to another CD.

Another choice would be to listen to the message and carefully write it down, then read it back into the DAT of the new CPU.

Hope that one of those helps.
Posted By: Lee07 Re: Hold Message - 10/01/10 04:26 PM
backing up the CPU onto a laptop was the way I copied the system and office Data onto the new CPU, but the hold message was NOT copied by that backup.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Hold Message - 10/01/10 06:38 PM
I'd try recording the message from a telephone onto a CD or to a PC then.
Posted By: Lee07 Re: Hold Message - 10/01/10 08:37 PM
will try that very soon, thank you for your posts.
Posted By: smoom Re: Hold Message - 10/02/10 06:17 AM
I have placed a CTU adapter on a phone then hooked that to my laptop. From that point I can play the greeting on the telephone and record it on my laptop so that the audio does not get distorted. then I can play it back to the new CPU. Using the adapter the greeting sounds the same as before, every other way I have tried this the greeting sound distant or distorted.
Posted By: Lee07 Re: Hold Message - 10/03/10 01:49 AM
smoom
will you tell us more about the CTU adapter you used?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help