atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: playmech NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 02:15 PM
OK, so I bought a used NEC DCU-60 add on console for our receptionist on Ebay. The unit did not come with a power supply and I was told it came from a working system (then why was I not sold the power supply with the unit??) I found a seller online that has them new for $35 the same cost I paid for the add on console.

Problem #1 I have no documentation on this

Problem #2 When plugged into the power supply and a phone line nothing lights up and there is no display that gives any indication that this thing works.

Question #1 Does the add on console needed an entirely separate phone line that runs to it? Or, can I use a splitter off the line from the phone?

Question #2 Are there any programming MB's that must be changed so that the unit becomes active? If so, which ones?

Thanks
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 02:34 PM
Add on console needs its own station port.
What programming you will need depends on what system you have.
Posted By: playmech Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 02:52 PM
I have an Electra Elite 48/192
Posted By: playmech Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 03:02 PM
Can the port be any port or does it have to be ports 1 or 2, the attendant ports?
Posted By: doghart Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 04:51 PM
The DSS can connect to any digital port but it needs to be defined as a DSS in programming.

Then you'll need to access programming to assign the buttons.

D
And buying on ebay is a big risk...
Posted By: paulw Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 05:54 PM
Originally posted by playmech:
I have an Electra Elite 48/192
It will also need a power supply in that case..
Posted By: DrPbx Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/29/10 09:25 PM
Step one, get the correct documentation. You won't get step by step programming here. You will get the MB's to program. Send me a PM if you want support via the phone. You should ask for parts & info here before buying elsewhere. I bet you would have been given the correct items & more importantly the correct info, for much less.
Posted By: playmech Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 09/30/10 08:33 AM
Thanks guys for your input. I am fairly new to the forum as I have taken over for the previous IT Manager, so I really don't know what to expect here. On the other hand, all techs/gurus etc. who have been giving advice and or tech support to me the last few weeks, THANKS! I will come here first before buying, that's for sure. Well, time to get a phone cord long 'nuff now to reach the add-on console.
Posted By: playmech Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 10/07/10 09:22 AM
OK, I have the add-on console assigned to its' own port and powered up. I assigned the first 48 buttons to the phone extensions. Now, when an employee uses the phone the red LED comes on to show that extension is in use.

PROBLEM: I cannot use any of the 48 buttons on the add-on console to directly dial individual extensions. I pickup the handset and press the the corresponding ext key and nothing happens. I must be missing a program step?
Posted By: doghart Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 10/07/10 09:06 PM
Check Prog 1-8-08
Posted By: JordonJ Re: NEC DCU-60-1 60 Button Add-On Console - 10/08/10 12:02 PM
As Dr.PBX said, we are not here to give you step-by-step programming directions. It sounds like you got burned on your e-bay purchase since you have no documentation. One thing to remember is that neither these phones nor the systems are meant to be sold to the general public. They are meant to be purchased through dealers that have taken the time to learn the systems and will support the customer. Even computer consultants will tell you the real value of anything is support.

It sounds like you got dropped into a situation where you're over your head. I would strongly suggest getting a vendor who is familiar with that system to support you.

Your dealer is your friend...make a good one.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help