atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OC240 NEC Aspire Ring Group Setup - 01/07/11 02:37 PM
Hi,

I am programming my NEC Aspire phone system to have many incoming ring groups for different departments. I have created the virtual extensions (11-04) for them all, made the mail boxes (47.02) and have set the fixed call forwarding (24-06). My question is, rather then setting up each phone with the virtual extension to be assigned to a button (15-07), is there a way of setting up an incoming ring group for a virual extension (22-04), not just the main incoming phone number. I believe the solution lies around 22-04 to 22-06.

Thanks
Steve
Posted By: Toolie Re: NEC Aspire Ring Group Setup - 01/07/11 03:23 PM
I think your issue is that you don't want to tie up a button on the phone for an incoming ringing call. Sounds like you have DIDs or DILs to a virtual extension, then have buttons for that extension programmed on phones you want to ring for that number.

There is nothing wrong with that. You don't however, have to program it on an actual button. There are 48 function buttons that can be programmed on an Aspire phone, whether they are physically on the phone or not. So, if you want to have a call coverage key on a phone, but not tie up a physical button, program it to a button that is not physically on the phone. For instance, if you have a 34 button phone, you have 24 physical function buttons. That means, you have buttons 25-48 that aren't on the phone, but are available to be programmed as call coverage keys. I do that all the time. Just set it up for auto off hook answer (so they don't have to press a button to answer the call) and you are all set!
Posted By: OC240 Re: NEC Aspire Ring Group Setup - 01/07/11 04:05 PM
sweet, I will definitely apply that and see how it goes! Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help