atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Louiedog Possible bad Intramail? - 03/27/11 04:39 PM
I install the NEC DSX line and we have a customer who I purchased a DSX-40 with a 2 port 8 hour Intramail.

My problem is the Intramail is not recognized or seen by the DSX-40.

I made sure to initialize the system and have never had an Intramail fail out of the box but am beginning to think this may be the case.

Thoughts or advice appreciated.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/27/11 05:58 PM
Do you have another system you can test this intramail card in? Possible that the card is not seated in all the way...or some pins are bent on the cabinet, preventing the card from being seated all the way.
Posted By: STS E Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 03:51 AM
Check program 4101: Type. Then reinstall your VM card.
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 04:22 AM
If you have a card reader. Try connecting to your computer and see if you have any information on the card. Tech support should be able to tell you what you can see.
Posted By: Louiedog Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 05:22 AM
I had already tried checking program 4101 and although it originally was unchecked I checked Intramail and still the same thing.

I tried using the original 2.2 software the 40 came with as well as updating the software to 3.22.

I dont have another system to test it on but did update the software on the system using the CF card reader built into the DSX40 with no problems and all pins are straight and ok visually on the 40.

I also tried to connect the vmail to my pc but although it tries to read the card it says the card may be corrupt.

Going to call NEC tech support today.
Posted By: STS E Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 06:09 AM
I would give NEC Tech support a ring. Oh the CF boot loader is stored in NANA flash in the DSX ksu, FYI. if that helps.
Posted By: Louiedog Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 06:24 AM
Spoke with NEC tech support today.

Its a bad Intramail.

Thanks for all the advice guys

Brian
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 11:02 AM
Originally posted by crisco3:
If you have a card reader. Try connecting to your computer and see if you have any information on the card. Tech support should be able to tell you what you can see.
FYI, IntraMail cards are not in a format that can be read by a Windows PC.
Posted By: STS E Re: Possible bad Intramail? - 03/28/11 01:25 PM
That's what i was hinting around to Deus but coming from your mouth they get the gospel.
Thanks keep up the good job smile

Deus,is in the higher ups at NEC, by the way so better stay on his good side.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help