atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sunnyny NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/08/11 08:58 PM
Hi,

How can I setup a call forward to a outside number, basically when a caller calls and choices extention #2, it dials a 800 number.

Thank you for calling company XYZ. If you know your parties extension, please enter it now.

For the Company Directory, press 1.

If you would like to use our order system, press 2.
Posted By: clgjr Re: NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/08/11 10:26 PM
Set whatever digit in the DAT to a system speed dial. Caller presses that digit in the auto attendant and the call will ring where ever the destination of the speed dial number is. Keep in mind this will tie up two lines and sometimes this dampens the volume of the call. Tandem trunking has to be enabled if memory serves me correct. Also depending on your carrier if you have the ability to dial a number and hookflash to release the line off the system, this would be the best way to go! You would have to set your speed dial accordingly to accomadate this feature. You won't tie up any system lines and the volume will be better. Let me know if this works out for you. Jr
Posted By: sunnyny Re: NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/09/11 05:34 AM
Thank you for the response. Is there a site or manual that i can lookup on how to step by step. Also is there a GUI software available for DS2000 system.

Thank you once again.
Posted By: clgjr Re: NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/09/11 07:43 PM
https://ws1.necii.com/ds1000-2000/ you will find all the info you could ever want. Manuals and the software you desire to program through a PC. It uses a a special serial cable for access. All that you will find in the manual. Let me know if I can help you further. Jr
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/11/11 06:11 AM
There are issues (bugs) with PC programming, it is best to use the phone method to key in program changes.
Posted By: sunnyny Re: NEC DS2000 - Forward - 04/12/11 07:08 PM
Thank you for our response. If someone can send me a price to help setup, that would be great. Thank you
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help