atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jordan Roth NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 07:39 AM
I have a UX5000 system with AA setup which sends you to listen to "Press 1, Press 2, Press 3...." However, when I setup the Dial Action Table I put in the virtual mailboxes in and everything works fine.

Press 1 - Unscreen Transfer - 600

However, we want the ability to enter you parties three digit extension when you hear the message. Is there a way I could setup the system to wait for more digits or something? We have two offices and one office is 2xx and the other office is 3xx. I want to see if this is possible without changing the extensions.
Posted By: Jordan Roth Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 09:25 AM
A better explanation below:

The Background:
We have a UX 5000 system that is being answered by AA with a greeting and prompts. Our internal extensions are 2xx and 3xx by default.

Currently:
If a customer calls and wants to talk with a person directly they press 1 (if they listen to the message) and then dial their extension. Works great!

Problem:
When a customer calls in they do not want to press 1 and they just want to dial the persons three digit extension. When they hit the person’s extension without pressing option 1 first then prompt 2 or 3 is select and they get the wrong person.

My question is can I have the customer dial in the three digit extension at anytime during the greeting and making sure it goes to the person instead of the virtual extension instead of pressing one and saying “Please enter your parties extension at this time…”? I didn’t know if there was a “wait for more digits” or something that could be programmed in the Dial Action Table.
Posted By: RonP Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 11:46 AM
Options 2 and 3 need to be set up for an unscreened transfer to XXX. If you are currently using those digits for something else, perhaps those digits can be reassigned to others
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 01:05 PM
Bingo.

CoVoice works the same way.
Posted By: eriway Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 02:06 PM
There is a way to have a digit in the dial table do both single digit transfer and 3 digit extension transfer. You'll have to play with it a bit since I haven't messed with it for a year.

But, the scenario is something like this:

You will need a second dial table for the digit 2 and a third dial table for the digit 3. In the first one, have the digits 2 and 3 "GOTO" the second and third dial tables respectively. In the second table, set each digit 1 through 0 as UTRF to 2XX, and TIME-OUT to UTRF to whereever you want the single digit dial option "2" to go. You will also have to change the digit transfer timer to make it shorter.
In the third table, set each digit 1 through 0 as UTRF to 3XX, and TIME-OUT to UTRF to whereever you want the single digit "3" dial option to go. You will also have to change the digit transfer timer to make it shorter.

So if the caller presses 3 and nothing else, the call follows the action in table 3's time-out option, but if they dial 301 it will follow the UTRF to station 301.

...or something like that.
Posted By: ttech Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 04/19/11 02:08 PM
Are you trying to set it up so pressing 2 goes to a specific extension but if they dial 2XX it goes to an extension in the 2 hundreds?

It can be done with creative programming.
Posted By: Jordan Roth Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 05/09/11 11:56 AM
ttech,

That is correct - if you dial 2 it goes to a "goup" of Virtual Extensions and if you press 201 it goes to bob.

Thanks,
Jordan
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 05/11/11 02:43 PM
As stated above: easiest way is to change your Options to press 4 to go to a "group" and press 2 UTRF to XXX

Otherwise do as eriway stated...make sure there is silence recorded in the secondary CRBs.

Note: DATs are respective to the CRB.
Elaboration on eirway:
DAT 1
Option 2 : goto 002

DAT 2
OPTION 1 : UTRF 2XX
OPtion 2: UTRF 2XX
OPtion 0: UTRF 2XX

TimeOut: UTRF 600

Set timeout timer to about 3 seconds.
Posted By: Jordan Roth Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 05/13/11 11:55 AM
I am going to give this a shot.
Posted By: Jordan Roth Re: NEC UX5000 AA Prompt Question - 05/13/11 12:00 PM
BillFlippin,

Is there a way to check the Time out only on that dial action table? Also where can I find that timeout section - I'm going to keep looking now.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help