atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Legion Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 09:44 AM
As i`ve post a few times i`m doing ok with the nec systems but i`ve really hit a whooper. We bought a nec aspire s for our new office off ebay. Some deleted the installer acount so i`m using the admin 1 whic give me very little to work with.. I`ve also started using the aspire pcpro. the system its self is work but for some reason I am only getting lines 1 and 2. out of six lines. i`ve recheck wiring. I`m not using a 25 pair I am using cat5. I`ve wired them in this order. p1=blue p2=organge p3=green p4=brow.

sorta like this 75312468. I have two co cards and i can only get 2 lines on both of them.. I`ve been doing at it for 23hrs.. This is a nursing agency so we need phones =).. i`ve called my local techs but they cant get here untill monday... Is it a programming issue? or a wire issue..

Thanks
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 09:52 AM
Each card is a 4 port trunk card. Each connector only supports 2 CO lines. So on a typical Aspire S 4 port CO card you will have 2 connectors and 2 co ports PER connector starting with blue and then orange.
Posted By: Legion Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 09:55 AM
Ok I though this and I just tried it.. I have 1-2 that are working on one port and then 3-4 and for on the other.. 3-4 are still not working. Keeps telling me to hang up and beeps at me. I`ve aslo check the bell block connection to my Co 66 block and I do have good dial tone on all 6 lines.
Posted By: Legion Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 09:58 AM
Update.. When messing around in pcpro and i go under 14.1 I get something that says no trunk port found. Under card configration I have the correct cards there. When I double click on my card how ever the logical ports all say zero.. If thats the problem how do i fix it?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 11:22 AM
I dunno. Without being there and doing some simple telco testing of everything it's like a needle in the haystack. I would consider, if I were you, getting in a certified tech to look at it.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/13/11 05:38 PM
At the risk of being a bit trite: You buy off ebay, you take your chances.
Posted By: RonP Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 03:48 AM
loop one of the analog ports into CO3 or CO4 then call the analog port. It should lamp and ring (if programmed) the function keys on the phone. If it don't.......well, thats ebay
Posted By: ttech Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 05:08 AM
You are SURE you are using RJ61 Wiring

[Linked Image from i2.photobucket.com]

Hook a line up to orange/white-white/brown -- if you get dial tone, your ends are crimped 568b.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 07:39 AM
Actually on an Aspire S you ONLY will get dial tone on the BL and Orange or on a 568B BL and Green pairs. The 4 port CO cards on give 2 co ports per plug.
Posted By: Legion Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 08:20 AM
Well... Everything is Great now. I called a tech and he told me the co cards where probley not configured correctly. He got me in through the back door since the previous owner changed all the pass codes. Once i deleted the co cards and then reinstalled them everything worked perfect. I even reset the system to default cause there was a bunch of settings in there we didnt need.

Thanks for the help here though
Posted By: Legion Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 08:20 AM
Well... Everything is Great now. I called a tech and he told me the co cards where probley not configured correctly. He got me in through the back door since the previous owner changed all the pass codes. Once i deleted the co cards and then reinstalled them everything worked perfect. I even reset the system to default cause there was a bunch of settings in there we didnt need.

Thanks for the help here though
Posted By: brokeda Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 08:23 AM
^&%&*%*&(^&()&*()*&)(*
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 12:32 PM
Wow..any chance of getting the number and or company name of the tech that helped you get that password?
Posted By: brokeda Re: Dire need of Help!!! - 05/14/11 02:51 PM
E Bay Tech Support here.

I would not put in even 2 cents worth!

Hello! Bangladesh calling.
Nursing home or agency with no phones for 2 days???
Good thing you aint taking care of my Grand Ma.
Of course' lot of Medical people don't know Bo Diddley about medicin and should be computer wenies!!!

I gotta get out of this business.
Every monkee in the world is giving away Panasonic stuff too.

Hey the Plumber needs the back door PW.
Ok. Vinnie, send the numbers!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help