atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RONAROUND NEC IPK GOES DOWN -REBOOT TO BRING UP - 06/17/11 06:46 AM
I just aquired a customer that has a NEC ELITE IPK that the local phone company stopped servicing. he claims that the system goes down for no apparent reason and the only way to bring it up is to power down and back up. is there anyone out there that has had a similar issue and found a paticular reason for this? he claims the battery needs replaced every 2 years on the cabinet? any thought on this would be greatly appriciated.
We currenty do NEC-DSX systems, Vertical,Allworx.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: NEC IPK GOES DOWN -REBOOT TO BRING UP - 06/17/11 06:50 AM
It sound like his voice mail shutting down. Most probably time for a new HD or replacement unit.
Posted By: RONAROUND Re: NEC IPK GOES DOWN -REBOOT TO BRING UP - 06/17/11 06:54 AM
would that make the system go dead on the phones also?
Posted By: Rickman Re: NEC IPK GOES DOWN -REBOOT TO BRING UP - 06/17/11 08:48 AM
No, that would be power to the system. What I would do is show the customer his KSU and the next time it go's down have him look to see if there are any lights on the cards. (Leave Cover off) It may be a bad power strip or elect. plug.
Posted By: RONAROUND Re: NEC IPK GOES DOWN -REBOOT TO BRING UP - 06/17/11 12:23 PM
THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!

I really appriciate it. any one else with thoughts please advise. i called him already and posted him to verify any lights and what cards that have lights.

Ronaround
Probably a silly thing to add, but hopefully you've already made sure that all cables and connections... Power cords, amphenols, etc. ... are properly connected and held into place?

Some of the 192s and IPKs had an issue if the installer didn't properly connect the nylon strap that holds the amphenols down.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help