atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walterv NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 06:55 AM
I have a client that is doing his do diligence and was told that the NEC DSX is junk. Of course, I have tons of customers that I have installed that are very satisfied and offered them as referrals, but I suggested that he comes to this site and get opinions from the pro's.

He is a perfect candidate for this system because his needs are very basic and does not need voice mail but would like to use the built in auto attendant.

If others here could share there experiences with the DSX that would be great. I am going to give the customer a link to this post.

Thanks
Walter
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 07:11 AM
a sign that the competition has nothing to sell , calling other quotes "junk" .

I put it in and then dont hear from the customer until they need MAC work.

Its a reliable feature rich system that gives a lot of bang for the buck
Posted By: RyanTheTech Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 08:21 AM
The DSX is far from Junk. Your customer would be happy with a the DSX
Posted By: dans Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 08:29 AM
What Skip said

Dan S
Posted By: BillyBob Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 09:26 AM
Like Skip said, "feature rich and gives a lot of bang for the buck".
Also, probably the most reliable system I have ever sold.

Bill
Posted By: STS E Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 10:10 AM
The DSX is a system you can install and forget about it, or you can become active and follow the many upgrades that NEC is always improving and giving to the Installer.

Extremely flexible and covers ninety nine per cent of the customers needs.

I have always been able to come up with a work around for the customers needs.

Very very flexible, and reliable along with cost effective.

If you know anything about Telephone Systems,then
you will appreciate their Tech support Dept, as
they will work with you, and they know their product, a very top notch group of fellas.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/21/11 05:20 PM
NEC DSX is a great system for the money. I cannot think of ANY system in it's size/price range (and what it's designed to be a simple easy to use phone system that is feature rich and cost effective) that can touch what it can do and do well.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/22/11 10:55 AM
DSX is one of the most successful SMB systems NEC has ever sold. It has been very well received and is extremely reliable. It has been continuously updated with new features and capabilities to meet the ever expanding needs of our customers. Technical support from the NTAC team in Dallas and the developers in Shelton is second to none.

That said, I would appreciate it if a moderator would change the title of this thread. I find it a bit insulting.
Posted By: KENB Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/22/11 12:32 PM
Who is saying this HH ?
Posted By: walterv Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/22/11 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DSX Deus:
DSX is one of the most successful SMB systems NEC has ever sold. It has been very well received and is extremely reliable. It has been continuously updated with new features and capabilities to meet the ever expanding needs of our customers. Technical support from the NTAC team in Dallas and the developers in Shelton is second to none.

That said, I would appreciate it if a moderator would change the title of this thread. I find it a bit insulting.
Deus,
I have no problem with a moderator changing the title, but IMHO, if someone does a Google and reads this, especially my introductory post, then the posts to follow, it certainly speaks volumes about how good the product is.

Unfortunately, some companies, trash a product because that's the only way they can win a deal, but fortunately, with a site like this and a quick Google, they can get the proper information.

This is why I think the title should remain. It will be an easy to find when someone calls NEC "Junk", to get right to a place like this where professionals dispute that.

In my case, and will be good for all the others that posted all around the country, there is an easy way to get the truth.

In my case and the customer I directed here, he now gets that what he was told about NEC is BS.

How could that be insulting????
Posted By: MnDave Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/22/11 05:44 PM
Why not just print this page and include it in your proposal?
Posted By: BillyG Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 04:00 AM
I've installed Nortel, Toshiba, Avaya, Comdial and 4 other other flavors of NEC since 1997. In my experience the DS and DSX line are the easiest to use and have the fewest problems. Good stuff!
Posted By: bumgarcn Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 07:43 AM
DSX is great. I have never found an application I couldn't accommodate with DSX and intramail. End user can make name and key changes through network connection. Being able to buy it without being labeled a "dealer" doesn't make it junk.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 09:08 AM
Being able to buy it without being labeled a "dealer" doesn't make it junk.
no but it does make it available to those with no knowledge of the business . Any system poorly installed and set up can look like "junk" to the end user

I have a customer now 14 locations where a former executives son , thought he was a phone man , he made a nice chunk of change installing systems (not DSX) in all the locations he was clueless and the installations are poor , nothing is configured correctly and the users all hated the phones until I got in and set it up correctly

I'm not real enthused with NEC's latest push of the DSX to the home market AV guys who will be selling and installing it. a couple hour webinar isn't going to make phone guys out of them and no doubt some frustrated end users will look at the poorly installed and configured DSX systems as "junk "

there is a lot to be said for "certified dealers only "
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 09:09 AM
double post
Posted By: MnDave Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 12:15 PM
the users all hated the phones until I got in and set it up correctly
I wholeheartedly agree with Skip. An untrained person can do a lot of PR damage to a very decent system.
Posted By: DSX Deus Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 04:51 PM
Originally posted by skip555:
[QUOTE]I'm not real enthused with NEC's latest push of the DSX to the home market AV guys who will be selling and installing it.
We've found that the residential AV guys are very knowledgable. If they can install HAI they can install DSX in the home.
Posted By: RonP Re: NEC DSX ??? - 06/23/11 06:24 PM
I've found the DSX to be a sweet little system. Since most of my customers are small businesses, there aren't too many requests that a customer can throw at me that the DSX can't handle. Before striking out on my own, I worked for an interconnect that was an NEC house for over 10 years and I learned the ins and outs of the NEC gear. Bottom line is, stress your experience working on the NEC gear as a major plus towards a smooth sale and install.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help