atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rraff DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 06:32 AM
I have a need to be able to transfer an outside call to an off premise phone # let's say if the caller were to press "5" in the night greeting to get to the Dr's. answering service. I have it rigged right now by sending that call to station 315 and it is set to call fwd all calls to the off site #. I would like to find a more reliable way to accomplish this because in case of a power out the call fwd will be re set to off. NEC DSX 40

I am a TransTel guy I'm just involved in this project because my alarm guy is the Dr's friend
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 06:52 AM
UPS
Posted By: rraff Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 07:23 AM
Been There Done That.
We have already had 2 power outages this summer of longer than 2 1/2 hours.
All my systems have UPS
But I thank you for the thought
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 07:36 AM
you can get a ups to power it a week if need be just spend the $$$
Posted By: Deltron Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 07:36 AM
Call forwarding should not drop out on a power reset.
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Deltron:
Call forwarding should not drop out on a power reset.
it does on the DSX , now this is station call forwarding to a speed dial bin not CO CF

I had the same thing on a couple of systems and just put big UPS on them it doesn't take much to power them a couple of days with no traffic and only the ksu on the UPS
Posted By: RonP Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 01:02 PM
Instead of using an extension to do the forwarding, use a speed dial bin. Never have to worry about forwarding being cancelled. I have that scenario working at to locations currently.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 07:20 PM
I agree w/ RonP. Use a system speed dial instead. As far as the power issue....I'd be talking to the provider to find out what is causing the frequent and long outages and invest in a top-dollar UPS as has been suggested.
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/16/11 10:09 PM
Use carrier call fwd for better voice quality.
It can also be set up on dual purpose button for Receptionist or others to either speed dial the cell
phone or carrier call fwd to the cell phone with option to screen the call and pull back. In the AA same string but in a speed bin.
Posted By: rraff Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/17/11 04:15 AM
RonP,
That's what I was looking for. Thank You I knew there was a way to get it done with out using a station port. Took me a while to get it set up, ya know that little blurb about tandem call for incoming lines should be first on the list of programming not last.
Posted By: RonP Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/17/11 05:35 AM
You could use the carrier to forward after hours calls, however, if your office is using other options in the AA to route calls, speed bin is the way to go.
Posted By: rraff Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/17/11 06:45 AM
Carrier CFWD is not an option. Cutting down the amount of calls going to the answering service was the main selling point. Cutting down the amount of calls answered by the service will save about $200 a month. The system will pay for it's self in about 3 years.
This is a great selling tool.
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX Off Premise from routing box - 08/17/11 10:51 AM
I should have said Carrier Call Transfer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help