atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey all.
You were a big help before and I need some assistance again. We just moved office locations and I have everything set up and going except the following: We have 3 lines....when someone calls in and the VM answers that call, if another call comes in then the VM does not answer and it just keeps ringing. What am I missing in programming?
Thanks!
Let me add that if someone calls on any line 1, 2 or 3, vm answers. It is just when there are more than one call coming in the vm system is not taking care of them.
I have a NEC Elite 48 system.
I have checked mb 4-01 and have the vm port lights green. Puzzled why the system can only answer one line at a time.
Check MB:4-13, make sure Your VM Ports are Forwarded to Each Other.
Rickman-In mb 4-13, I went to VM port 25 and there is no fwd 1 or fwd 2. When I change both from nothing to 25, I have the same problem. I keep going over and over programming manual and can't figure it out. Any other ideas? Thank you
I apologize Rickman! I set 25 to forward to port 25 instead of other vm port 26. So line 1 and line 2 are fine now....the vm system answers both line 1 and 2 when 2 calls are coming in. BUT line 3 still rings when a third call rolls over. I guess I need to figure out my 3rd vm port number. hmmmm
Rickman-usually I can press the "hold" key to clear out a selection in the programming mode. I am in MB4-10 and trying to clear out an extension number and it is not clearing. Do you know how else to clear this entry in MB 4-10? Thanks
Well thats not good. Now when I dial the vm extension 116 it says error. frown
vm 116 ok now. Still trying to get vm to answer line 3 during rollover.
if you have a 2 port voice mail, you might have a problem. unless you key ring then overflow to voice mail/ attendant.
I have more than 2 ports.
We have had this system setup since 2003 without a problem. The business moved locations and I have everything setup like old location so I would not have to reprogram extensions, etc. But at the new location the the calls that are coming in and rolling over are not being answered by the vm system. Once I did what Rickman said to do in MB4-13....have vm port 25 fwd to port 26, then line 2 will answer during rollover but not line 3. I do not remember setting MB4-13 up at the old location. Also, if 2 calls come in literally at the same time, the vm system only answers one and the other just keeps ringing.
Ryanthetech....please tell me about key ring then overflow to vm/attendant. My set up is 3 lines and we want the vm system to answer all 3 lines first. Thanks
ryanthetech...are you talking about CAR?
How can I double check how many vm ports I have? I pulled the card and it shows 8 channel lights. I have 4 ports set up in programming to be vm (ports 25-28). I can dial ext 116 and 117 to get to vm.
Okay, in 4-10, check ports starting at port 25. Obviously 25 = 116, 26 = 117. Is there a 27, and is it 118? If so, what happens when you call it? Is there a 28, and is it 119, if so, what happens when you call it?

If all those answer when called, then you have at least 4 ports. Is 25 CFB --> 26, CFB --> 27, CFB -->28?
Thanks for the response telephoneguy. You are correct...25=116 26=117. when i dial 118 & 119 nothing happens...I get "error". If i set up (MB4-10) ext 118 on 27 and ext 119 on 28...it just rings. Using MB4-13, I have 25 forwarded to 26 and went ahead and set 26 forwarded to 27 and 27 forwarded to 28. Is the only way to get the other 2 ports live to call nec and get new license...right? I don't think the forwarding is any other place than mb 4-13...is that correct?
Thank you again!
You have a two-port voicemail. that's why it's not answering a third call.

They used a lot of the same hardware for the voicemails, and thus the two-port looks like a four, and eight, etc.

Yes, NEC for licensing, or see your local NEC dealer who sold you the system. You could also put a delay ring on the lines in 4-01 so that they ring at a desk if voicemail doesn't pick up.
Thanks for the assistance yall!!!!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help