atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: razadazza disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/20/11 12:22 PM
We have an ipk2 system here with about 100 extensions. Occaisionally when someone is at their desk, not using the phone, they can all of a sudden hear one side of a conversation they are not participating in! It always follows this pattern:

1 – user A calls user B and speakerphone is used.

2 - call ends.

3 – user A is at desk not using phone. Randomly, user A can hear user B’s next conversation over his/her speaker, only hearing B’s side.

Any ideas? This hasnt happened in about a year, but did today. Thanks !! -
Posted By: doghart Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/20/11 01:06 PM
Sounds like the original call is not being dropped.

Possibly a bad hookswitch in the phone itself??

Just a guess.

D
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/20/11 01:56 PM
Is it always the same phones? always the same users?

After the call, the intercom buttons should go dark. When this eavesdrop happens are the intercom buttons dark?

Pressing Feature 1 on the B phone will stop any accidental speakerphoning, but user B will need to press feature 1 again to use the speakerphone later.
Posted By: razadazza Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/21/11 05:54 AM
different random phones/users. different buildings also. The problem is that it is so infrequent, people arent on the lookout for symptoms. It just 'happens' and I'm lucky if they even remember the previous call.

I think it must be something in the switch but have no idea what. If it was a feature it would be more consistent. Its a tough problem, because people take it pretty seriously, but I cant reproduce it.. Thanks -
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/21/11 08:12 AM
Does the IPK2 have a DIM capture feature (like in the i-series, Aspire,UX, and SV8100)?
You may need to run one and capture this. Either that, a reset of the system may be in order, or there is always the old standby - software upgrade.

When they hear the conversation,what status is the phone in? anything on the display, buttons lit?
Posted By: doghart Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/21/11 08:27 AM
Originally posted by BillFlippen:
Does the IPK2 have a DIM capture feature (like in the i-series, Aspire,UX, and SV8100)?
You may need to run one and capture this. Either that, a reset of the system may be in order, or there is always the old standby - software upgrade.

When they hear the conversation,what status is the phone in? anything on the display, buttons lit?
Yes same as the 8100.

D
Posted By: razadazza Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/26/11 10:34 AM
This dim capture feature, is it something that runs in the background ,logging? If so, can it run for weeks at a time? This is very infrequent. Thanks -
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/26/11 11:42 AM
The DIM is an output to a pc. I like putty, but really most terminal emulators work.

Due to the nature of the output, NEC would be about the only one who could decipher the content. They would also need a "flag" to search for. When it happens, the user is asked to push the volume up key 9 times or something unique like that. That way, NEC can search for the string that contains the volumup key 9 times then go from there. The amount of the output will be decided by the size of the HD of the receiving machine.
Posted By: Rickman Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 09/26/11 12:07 PM
Have You Tried turning off "Group Listen" in COS?
Posted By: razadazza Re: disable auto-eavesdropping feature - 10/31/11 05:55 AM
That's been off. I did that about a year ago when this problem was flairing up. Maybe I'll try the dim capture. If it needs input from the phone user, that may be difficult around here....

Thanks -
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help