atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paulw Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/13/11 03:51 PM
Hi all.

Pat AKA Mr Stuff of www.8100stuff.com and https://www.2000stuff.com/ has been head hunted and his last day at NECAM will be Friday October 14th Dallas time..

He will be missed for the good work he put into the cheat sheets that he produced for the NEAX 2000, IPK2 and SV8100 systems..

Worst of all I discovered he is an Australian rugby supporter :-)
Posted By: doghart Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/13/11 04:56 PM
That's a shame!

I just spoke with Jared at NTAC and could hear Pat in the background.

Pat was one of my favorite support engineers.

D
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/14/11 07:20 AM
And the problem with being an Australian rugby supporter is????

By the way the weather in Perth Western Australia is beautiful at the moment!!!
Posted By: dans Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/14/11 08:11 AM
Why can't NEC find a way (cut executives pay, yeah right) to keep a top notch person like Pat who most likely helps make more money for the company than they do.
Posted By: fonemanlee Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/14/11 08:32 AM
Wishing Pat the best. He will be missed by NTAC, IMHO, greatly and by any technician needing to contct NTAC...
Posted By: IPK II Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/15/11 07:12 AM
Altough I no longer work on the PBX side of the fence, when I did work there, Pat was always one of the best at the NTAC. I am certain you guys will miss him greatly!
Posted By: paulw Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/16/11 01:03 PM
Originally posted by R4+Z:
And the problem with being an Australian rugby supporter is????

By the way the weather in Perth Western Australia is beautiful at the moment!!!
Yeah if I was going to Ozz for the weather Perth is where I'd go to. I have a niece there and she raves about the weather. Pity about the Wallabies though :-)
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/17/11 11:46 AM
It's a dark day for NEC telecom. Pat saved my bacon a few times on the IPS, and was very nice about it. Any clue as to where he's going?
Posted By: fonemanlee Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/17/11 12:47 PM
Rumor has it Shore-Tel has a new person that sounds like he is from down-under...
Posted By: doghart Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/23/11 11:23 AM
Hope everyone had a chance to download the cheatsheets from the 8100stuff and 2000stuff websites.

They are gone!

D
Posted By: ttech Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/23/11 11:53 AM
Nope I was hoping to find cached versions but no luck.
Posted By: paulw Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/24/11 12:45 PM
I got all the 8100 versions..
Posted By: djevanstn Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/28/11 07:02 AM
Just an FYI for those of you, that are not aware of the "Internet Archive," but I was still able to get/access quite a bit (nearly all) of the previous information at the ARCHIVE

HOWEVER, the pickings were indeed slim! Only Feb 1 and Feb 8 of this year were sampled! Only 3 days "grabbed" in 2010!

Better than nothing though - I had already downloaded nearly the whole site, but this might help someone else

https://web.archive.org/web/20100507233821/https://www.8100stuff.com/wordpress/?page_id=29

It's also fun to look at you own sites and our 1st feeble attempts at the Internet pages! smile
Posted By: R4+Z Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/31/11 06:23 AM
I hope pat does well for himself, Being in Oz I never had the chance to deal with him but respected his website! I still don't understand why that has gone with his departure!

I personally left NEC as part of the GFC exit! I do hope he doesn't regret the departure. My personal experience since leaving has been slightly meat marketish. People tend to want you for your ability to get them out of problems dealing with the NEC products and that can become wearying! The last month I have been Antique dealing restoring two networked SDSs to service and longing to be working on current product! All whilst also being expected to learn the Mitel product, which IMHO is too lightweight for the market it is playing in!

Enough of my opinions, Good luck to Mr "stuff" where ever he goes!
Posted By: paulw Re: Mr Stuff has left NEC - 10/31/11 11:57 AM
Originally posted by R4+Z:
I hope pat does well for himself, Being in Oz I never had the chance to deal with him but respected his website! I still don't understand why that has gone with his departure!
Be decided that as he was going to work for the opposition that providing a NEC support based web site mite not sit too well with his new employer..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help