atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen Time issue UX5000 warning. - 10/21/11 08:35 AM
Small 4 phone system, No network connections.

Dentist office and they use their phones for time keeping.
They noticed that their clcks drift forward 1 minute a month, in relation to their cell phones and computers, so after 6 months they are about 5 minutes ahead.
There is an App for that! 99-0-16.
I figured 1 minute amonth is about 2 seconds a day. So I need to minus 2 seconds a day. I entered in 254 and smiled and left.
The next day I get a call form dispatch stating that customer has the wrong time, that some phones show one day and others show another. :confused:
Get on site and the symptom is different, phoens show 11:59 pm Wed, then flash to 12:00 aqm Thur, then flash 11:59 pm Wed, then flas 12:00 am Thur, on and on and on.
The time adjustment happens at midnight. when the system adjusts negative, it then hits midnight again then makes the adjustment again, over and over and over.
So.....NEC is working on a fix? for this. In the mean time don't make any adjustments to the clock in the negative range.
However if you want the new guy at your company to :rofl: then now you know.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Time issue UX5000 warning. - 10/22/11 05:10 AM
Wow..now that is interesting!
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Time issue UX5000 warning. - 10/26/11 04:15 PM
Further testing shows this to be an issue in the SV8100 but not in the Aspire
Posted By: paulw Re: Time issue UX5000 warning. - 10/27/11 12:34 PM
Why not put the system on their network and set a timer server up in PRG 90.56. I've never seen this time slip here with the SV8100..
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Time issue UX5000 warning. - 10/31/11 08:24 AM
I never noticed a time slip either, but never paid that much attention.
Customer doesn't want to pay for a network drop to the system. I was trying to advise against anyone using this feature to turn back time. (Sudden image of Cher straddlig a big gun)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help