atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm having an issue trying to get some NEC IP phones (Dterm IPK silver phones) to work with our NEC IPK II system from remote sites.

If the phones are connected to our corporate network directly, they work fine.

However, we have problems when we try getting them to work at a remote site which connects to our corporate network through a VPN tunnel. Just keeps trying to search for the MGC.

We have tried setting up the IP phones to either get their address via DHCP or setup static IP settings. We can ping the NEC IPK II from the remote site and even login to the WebPro interface from the remote site as well. However, I cannot ping or get into the web interface of the PVA card from the remote site. I suspect this is the problem, but am having a hard time finding the IP settings for the PVA card.

Our VPN tunnel is an IPSEC tunnel between a Sonicwall NSA 2400 (corporate side) and a Netgear ProSave VPN Firewall (FVS318) at the remote side. The tunnel uses 3DES for encryption, SHA1 for authentication, and Group 2 (1024bit) key exchanges. The tunnel is up as far as the computers are concerned...we can login to the corporate Windows server and ping to our hearts content.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
I believe you are going to need NAPT to get the "remote" phones to work. However, keep in mind that NAT (NAPT) isn't NAT for this switch.
You should be able to ping the PVA card as well. This is the MGC address. Check the settings in 84-05
I assume these are "Mergaco" IP fones for the IPK2 not ones for the 2000 IPS?? I've seen this sort of things happen here..
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help