atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 04:35 AM
I have a customer with 2 Aspires 7.32 with a couple of IP Phones that were working fine until the made some changes to the fire wall .The phones come up and are kind of half working the say "network busy" you can not make or recieve calls but they do show the extension number and when you call the extension it ring and you can see the caller id but when you answer the call you get a busy signal and the call drops

Any Thoughts

JD
Posted By: BTECH Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 04:49 AM
Well it depends on what changes were made to the firewall. These are pretty temper mental. Make sure they did not remove any port forwarding for the IP sets. Are you doing NAT or VPN? Also check each phone for speed and duplex. Set all phones to 100M instead of AUTO. This helps with these phones!
Posted By: Toolie Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 06:38 AM
I suspect the firewall is blocking ports for RTP and RTCP. The phone is connecting to the network, and the signalling is working fine - the voice traffic is carried by the RTP/RTCP protocol, usually defaulted to run on port 5060-5061.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 08:01 AM
How do I set all the phone to 100M .Iam not sure where this is thru the phone or thru PC PRO
Posted By: teldata1 Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 01:48 PM
I found where to change the the speed & duplex

I can barley read the display (another issue)

but it did not make a difference .

from what I understand the data company did not make any changes to the fire wall on the side where the ip phones are pointing to, but he did change the other side .
Posted By: teldata1 Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/05/11 03:13 PM
one more thing I thought was strange .the phone is set for DHCP and I have the IP Address of the CPU in option 2 when the phone comes up it has and ip address and gateway comming from the from the VPN Router
Posted By: BTECH Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/06/11 08:11 AM
Are the phones working on VPN or NAT?
Posted By: DN27 Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/06/11 07:31 PM
Aspire only works on VPN
Posted By: Toolie Re: Aspire IP Phones not working - 11/07/11 06:17 AM
If you can call the phone, and it rings, then the phone is registered to the server, and the signalling protocol is working.

I still suggest your problem is most likely in a firewall at one end of the circuit or the other, that is not allowing the RTP/RTCP protocols to pass.......
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help