atcomsystems.ca/forum
I cannot break dialtone on all 16 ports of my analog card with DTMF. If I use pulse dial, it works.

I cannot even dial station to station, I think my DTMF receivers in the CPU are bad.

I have checked 10-09, 15-03. I have deleted the blade and re-added, I have replaced the blade, I have reset the pbx.

All my trunks are PRI and all my stations are IP, SIP or digital.

I have emailed NTAC my database, just looking for any other ideas.

D
how are you testing ?

I often cant break dial tone with my butt set in tone but when I try a 2500 set it works fine .
2 Different butt sets, the complaint is faxes (majority of my analog ports) can't dial out.

Customer just ported all their fax numbers to the existing PRI service from Time Warner (3 spans).

Giving me a headache.

I will try a standard analog phone, thanks.

D
If the DTMF receivers are bad you will still get dial tone but dialing wont break dial tone. It would be "tone deaf"
Does a reboot of the system fix it and is there a Zeacom on site??
There are no per se DTMF recievers on the 8100/UX5000 systems they use DSP resources on the CPU. I suspect a glitch, Try Shutting down , pull the CPU and let it sit in the slot but not pligged in for about 5 min. so the caps will discharge.

There are some settings in 10-09 for allocating the dsp's but at default the first 8 are set for analog extensions, the next group 9-32 are for trunks, and the last group 33-160 are for extensions and trunks.

DJ
Originally posted by paulw:
Does a reboot of the system fix it and is there a Zeacom on site??
There is a Zeacom on site (is there something I should know??), but a shutdown/restart of the PBX does not clear the issue.

Going to site tonight @8pm to initialize the CPU and try with default database.

NTAC loaded my database and worked fine in ntheir lab... frown

D
Weell... back in the days of V3.XX we had a lot of this and only on Zeacom sites. The DTMF receivers resources would gradually vanish for some reason over a period of days to weeks. The only way to get them back on line was to reboot the 8100. This was supposed to have been sorted on R4.XX and later but as software loads are regional maybe something was missed in the US load..

Loading the database into the lab here I could never reproduce it..
Well I have spent the last 2 hours futzing with this and here's where I'm at:

1. Power down/up = analog ports still cannot break dial tone with DTMF

2. Defaulting CPU (no netlink and no ucb) = analog ports function normally

3. re-loading original database with PcPro = analog ports go back to not breaking dialtone with DTMF

I really don't know what to do except perhaps open a new pc pro database and copy by hand from the original database and see where I get....

at a total loss...

D
I think the answer is analog ports do not use ARS. Look at 14-06, route table 001, priority 1 should have your outbound trunk group. It is probably a 0 right now.
DrPBX may be on to something here. I WONDER if those analog ports are set for auto line seizure and they are picking up a dead co-port.
I have verified they are not set for auto line pickup in 15-01.

I will check 14-06 for those ports later anyhow.

We are using a fairly complicated ARS setup out there, it could be the issue.

One thing I did not try was taking my PC Pro backup and loading one prog
gram at a time instead of uploading all the data... I had an IPKII that flaked out and would not take my PcPro backup. I tried just loading one program at a time 10, then 11 etc... And it worked.

D
I loaded this database into an 8100 on the test bench and the analog ports are fine....

So now I'm at a total loss....

D
What was the 14-06 setting?
It's really odd if the analog stations are not direct trunk select. The only time Ive found with analogs calling out is if ARS is used but the ISDN is set to Overlap rather than Enblock..
14-06 had data for trunk route tables 001 & 002.

[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]

We are not using this and I have set it to all 0's this morning.

Still not sure how this would affect internal station-station calls??

Testing this morning.

Thanks all!

D
Did you try to adjust the gain in 10-03 from 32 to 28 for the analog card?
Yes, I have adjusted 10-03 from 32 to 28, then to 26.

I currently have it set to 32.

I also checked setting 80-03-01 to make sure the default value 0dBm-25dBm was set.

D
How is your port licensing? Are you close to being over? I see you have IP phones and am guessing mobile extensions? Have you exceeded the port limit?
I am very close to my 256 port limit. I actually had to delete the 16 port UM8000 before installing my 17 SIP ports for the UCB server because I didn't have enough licenses to run both at the same time.

D
If this is a R5.xx or later system try turning on the 10 day demo license in PRG 90.37.01 (telset)and set to 10 days. If it is a license issue this will prove it..
NTAC sending a replacement CPU... we'll see how that goes.

D
Replacement CPU corrected the issue.

smile

D
Thanx for the update. CPU failures are few and far between. I think we have had 2 since 2008 and they were out of box failures.. Wonder what would happen if you re-flashed the CPU with the latest software..
The new CPU was 6.02.

Now I have to travel to the Netlink site and upgrade that end.

D
I was meaning the old CPU. But I feel your pain of having to do the Netlink remote as well. Lucky it's not a 6 or 7 sit install like some down here..
Don't forget the Zeacom may need an update as well..
The Zeacom is up to date (5.1 with the latest hotfixes) and I am also using the newest TSP 3rd party driver (5.0).

I also have 2 sites using Zeacom UCB version 6.0 as Beta test sites, both are working flawlessly. I understand version 6.2 is already in the works. By the time NEC approves the 6.0 release, it will be outdated... laugh

I need to plan a trip down under... you need another phone geek down there? smile

D
Always.. :-)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help