atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bluzman Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 05:15 AM
I called tech support yesterday and one of the tech's suggested I use Web Pro. Is this just personal preference? Or does it really matter?

And while I'm at it, what is the significance of extensions 125-128 in Inmail? I'm currently showing MLT's on those extensions, shouldn't they be SLT's?
Posted By: STS E Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 05:30 AM
I think Web Pro is real time and PC Pro is not.
I think you can only back up with PC Pro.
Please someone with the 8100 know how get me straight on this as well.

bluzeman: Learn the 1100 good, as i can ask you later what the heck im doing.
Posted By: ttech Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 05:37 AM
Web pro is real time
PcPro is download / make changes / upload

There is an interactive mode in PcPro though.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 06:32 AM
ttech is Right,
PCPro is download/make changes/upload to Switch/backup switch.
Also with PCPro Alarm Reports,IPKII Intergration.
PCPro has ARS Simulator, Navigation Filters is cool, Import/export, Connection Accounts.
For me I think PCPro has Better Switch Management.
Webpro is ok, but more of quick changes on the fly. No Backup.
Posted By: doghart Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 07:07 PM
Typically i use PcPro to setup my installs and web pro to admin them.

bluz, I have a install cheat sheet I made for the 8100 that may be of some use to you.

I will email it to you.

D
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 03/30/12 08:39 PM
I do it the opposite. I initialize the system with web pro, back it up with PC Pro, then make changes. Those that have worked on these systems (nitsuko i-series on) understand that the data base is an overlay of the ports AS THEY ARE INITIALIZED. Critically important to understand that.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Web Pro or PC Pro - 04/04/12 05:48 PM
Favorite thing about pcpro is grid view. A sortable spreadsheet that helps with DID management, ARS, speedials, inmail, and anything else with a lRge list of data.

Each one has it's strengths, get familiar with both and use the right tool for the job.

There are certain instances that webpro should be used ( mainly when things are just a little flakey). You can send an error that pcpro doesn't catch. You think you successfully made a change but because of the error the data isn't written to database. When in webpro you know that there is an error
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help