atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim T NEC DSX Wireless Headset adapter - 06/11/12 04:19 PM
Recently purchased an NEC DSX Wireless headset adapter with a Plantronics cs540 wireless headset. Installed correctly, with the phone unplugged from the wall, installed WHA, completed all connections before plugging phone back in, light on WHA flashes red, then goes steady. At that point if you press the headset hookswitch button on the ear piece, you hear the base of the charger click as if it was going off hook, but no dial tone. Used another new 34 button phone, another new WHA, different switch at the office, still no go. Contacted NEC, they stated this should be as easy as plug and play, but they do not have the Plantronics CS540, they have a cs50 headset. Anyone else having this issue.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX Wireless Headset adapter - 06/12/12 06:35 AM
the ones I have done with a CS55 have been plug an play

can you use the headset by manually lifting the handset ?
Posted By: Tim T Re: NEC DSX Wireless Headset adapter - 06/13/12 06:23 PM
Skip, no I cannot. I can hear the unit click when I press the button on the side of the headset as if I was going off hook, but I get no dialtone, or intercom tone. I have moved the A-G switch on the bottom of the unit as instructed in the users manual, but still a no go. NEC NTAC had me email the database and pictures of the installed unit today. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NEC DSX Wireless Headset adapter - 06/14/12 04:18 AM
Tim , it sound like the problem may be the headset can you try the headset on another phone ?

you need to be sure you have a functional headset before troubleshooting the DSX headset adapter
Posted By: Tim T Re: NEC DSX Wireless Headset adapter - 06/17/12 07:58 AM
Skip, I used a CS55 and the unit worked properly. I did find a defect on the CS540 RCA female plug. The male RCA jack from the WHA does NOT snap into place. I have made NEC aware of this and they will escalate to Plantronics. This was not the first one that I had issues with. Now I know why the others didnt work either.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help