atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mschraeder NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/03/12 12:17 PM
Hello All,

I'm having a weird issue with my voicemail system.

Details:
ASPIRE DMS System
This is a new install
Everything else works on the system.

Problem:
The DMS does not recognize when I press buttons. I call the voicemail and it asked for my password. I type it in and it does not respond. It acts like I didn't press anything.

This is on ALL phones. The same happens on the admin menu. I press 72 to go into the settings and it ignores it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I called my local NEC guys and they seemed a little confused.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/03/12 12:43 PM
They seem a little confused over the phone call or did they come out to site? Big difference.
Posted By: mschraeder Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/03/12 09:53 PM
They seemed a little stumped over the phone and they haven't been able to get out yet.

Just curious if anyone here has seen this and might have a suggestion.

I set up the system and have a access to the web interface for the main unit and the dms unit.

I can't do any dms programming on the handset because the dms system does not recognize the key presses.

Again, everything else is fine. I can leave voicemails on extensions.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/04/12 08:14 AM
This is the same issues he was having before as an end user trying to get his system up and running.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/004884.html

You do not have it properly setup. I suggest calling your local NEC guys (make sure they are certified on the Aspire) have them come out and get it functioning. I would imaging anyone properly trained would have this running correctly fairly quickly unless there are issues with the hardware.
Posted By: mschraeder Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/04/12 10:08 AM
Ok, well thanks anyway...

Yes I made a new post because this was a different issue from the original problem.

I have a call in with the local NEC guys but they seem a bit backed up.
Posted By: mschraeder Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/04/12 10:17 AM
I'm starting to think I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this forum.

It is described as a forum for end users and techs, but every time I ask a question everyone just says call a tech.

I think I'm asking pretty specific questions, not generic "How do I install the system".

I'm a pretty technical person and understand most of the settings, if someone makes a suggestion and I can usually take it and run...

Anyway... I guess I'll just stick to Google and wait for a tech come and make one or two setting changes.
Posted By: justbill Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/04/12 10:35 AM
That's because the open forums are for end user information or to help a tech with what needs to be done, as a fellow tech wouldn't need to be told how to do it.

I think you've received some good advice and I also see where you asked for some over the phone help and are willing to pay. I don't know the system, but it may be what you need can't be handled with over the phone help and that's why no one has contacted you. Maybe someone familiar with the system can enlighten us.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/04/12 01:40 PM
https://www.neccare.com/contracts/associates.nsf/canadiandealersearch
Posted By: DoctorLloyd Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 07/20/12 07:43 PM
Program 15-03-01 needs to be set to DP for the voicemail ports.
Posted By: carlosh Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 08/01/12 01:40 PM
and 15-03-01 needs to be " special "
Posted By: carlosh Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 08/01/12 01:40 PM
im sorry 15-03-02
Posted By: brokeda Re: NEC ASPIRE Voicemail Buttons - 08/03/12 07:25 PM
The local NEC guys are "Backed up" or "having trouble getting out" because they are busy with customers who purchased a system from them.
You do not spend a great deal of time and money to get certified on systems and learn by doing to drive around and fix installs for DIY projects, not much money and you most likely won't get any other business or referrals.
Personally, I would fix an install of a botched system, but the charge would be the same as I would bid for the job start to finish. I would initialize the system and do it my way, when I am done and paid then it could be tweaked.
I believe most business men can make more money by working their own business, than they will save by playing phone man or computer man.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help