atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Semi-Literate_NECadm NEC Electra Elite 192 ACD Setup - 07/23/12 10:30 AM
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.

In the last couple of months I have recently inherited an older NEC Electra Elite 192 system. Basically the only documentation and instruction I received were a couple of NEC PDF manuals. Between that, internet research (very hard to come by), and the very useful community on this site I have been able to get by up until now, where I've hit a roadblock.

We are a small office of about 30 users. I have translated (and I do mean translated) a recent request I've received from them as wanting an ACD set up. It will consist of 5 users and be queued from an inside extension number (or external number if I have to do it that way). The problem is, I can't find clear instruction to do so. I know the manual has sections to assign extensions as agents to a group and specify hunt times and whatnot. I have done that. I believe the component I am missing is how to program a button for the agent log in/out feature.

I can program from the master programming phone if need be, or I have also acquired the SAT Programming Module (ver 4.7) painstakingly from an online retailer which I am only in the beginning stages of familiarity with.

If anyone could help me out as to programming the agent log in/out button, or add a step of this setup I may have missed, your guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
help
Posted By: paulw Re: NEC Electra Elite 192 ACD Setup - 07/23/12 02:16 PM
If you want anything resembling real ACD the system will require a MIFA and VRS card. If some one called me down here and asked the same question I would tell them, that the system is obsolete and if you want ACD upgrade to a SV8100.

The link below has some info on ACD from the feature and spec manual.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15032525/Elite%20IPK%20ACD.pdf
Thank you. I will have to look into the card unfortunately.

On another note, I know the system is quite obselete, as the manual says 1999 on it. I've been trying to get them to go to VOIP, but the parent company hasn't allocated the budget for it yet.

Once again, thanks for the information.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: NEC Electra Elite 192 ACD Setup - 07/24/12 12:06 PM
Any of the current NEC products that replaced the elite/IPK line or the IVS/IVS2/IPS will have ACD capability with the right licensing.

Mitel also has a very nice ACD.

Also, either Mitel or NEC can do VoIP or Hybrid TDM/VoIP.
Posted By: IPK II Re: NEC Electra Elite 192 ACD Setup - 07/25/12 04:44 PM
Checkout member "doghart" on this board, he is in Denver & is an authorized NEC dealer!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help