atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jhermoso SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/02/12 06:12 AM
Is it possible to change the call delay when you call or transfer to a mobile extension?

The problem we have now is that when we dial a mobile extension it rings 3 times before the call actually hits the mobile phone linked to the extension.

We have set "Call forward ring both" on all the people that have both a desktop and a mobile extension and the same thing happens.

We would like it to start calling right away, without delay.

Help, please! Thanks!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/02/12 08:07 AM
Are you using a PRI?
Posted By: jhermoso Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/02/12 09:02 AM
Yes
Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/02/12 09:48 PM
If you dial the MBX extension number how long does it take to ring and dialing the same cell fone number directly what time does that take??
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/03/12 05:35 AM
There is always going to be a delay because the reality is cell phones to not ring right away. I think also if you put a "#" key at the end of the dial string for the mobile number it speeds it up a tad.
Posted By: jhermoso Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/04/12 08:04 AM
paulw,

When I dial the cell directly it receives the call right after the first ring.

When I dial the mobile ext the cell receives the call after the 3rd ring.
Posted By: Derek B. Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/04/12 05:37 PM
I've noticed this too. The only way I've been able to get it to dial a bit quicker is to turn down the Inter-Digit timer to 2.
Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/07/12 12:51 AM
I just did some tests on our in-house system and the time between ringing for direct dial and MBX dial were about the same 4~7 seconds
Posted By: IPK II Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/08/12 02:32 AM
Cell service is inherently "iffy". There will always be a delay or the call will not complete. in a "perfect" world, cell service would rival the "ole" bell system.
Posted By: jhermoso Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/13/12 01:02 PM
Yes, cell service is "iffy", but this happens on every call.

If I call every cell attached to each mbx directly they all receive the call right after the first ring.

So, my guess is that there must be a setting that controls this delay. I have looked at up and down and I have changed some settings but still no luck.
Posted By: sk Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/13/12 11:45 PM
20-03-04 System Options for Single Line
Telephones – Dial Sending Start
Time for SLT or ARS
When an extension user dials a
Mobile Extension number, the
system waits this time before
dialing the number.
0~64800 seconds
(default = 3)
Posted By: jhermoso Re: SV8100 - Mobile Extension Call Delay - 08/15/12 12:25 PM
sk,

Does this requires a system restart to take effect?

I changed to 0 and there is no change.

BTW, in our system the delay before it actually dials is 7-8 seconds.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help