atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mserino SV8100 Desktop suite forgets settings - 08/14/12 05:02 PM
NEC Desktop Suite: version 4.0.0.0
Windows 7 and office 2010
When I open Outlook then go to tool/ NEC desktop and click enable and start when opening/ then OK. The application works but it goes back to the original state the next time I open Outlook. I have 3.7.1.1 rev in my office with XP and Outlook 2003 which does not do that here. Any thoughts ?
Mike SW

Posted By: paulw Re: SV8100 Desktop suite forgets settings - 08/14/12 08:53 PM
Every time I have seen this it's because the DTS user doers not have PC admin rights and can't write to the INI file..
Posted By: junkbox Re: SV8100 Desktop suite forgets settings - 08/15/12 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by paulw
Every time I have seen this it's because the DTS user doers not have PC admin rights and can't write to the INI file..

you are correct, I blame red phoenix and sticking everything in an ini, but yes you have to either a. give the local/domain user admin rights on the local machine or b. run the program (at least during initial config) with elevated permissions. You can return permissions to regular on the application itself after configging, but it's a bitch cause if they wanna change they call network admin or you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help