atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello all wise ones! Please don't kick me out as I am new to phone systems. I have done plenty of CAT5, 5e and 6 wiring, but am struggling to figure out this phone system. I have to hook up the NEC IPK and need to know where to terminate office connections (new install) This has two incoming lines at the moment and 13 office phones at the moment. We will add incloming lines as we need. I have no idea how to test for where to connect incoming lines and where to connect office phone lines. Any help is much appreciated! It seems there is a lack of local help that has experience with NEC products.
Thank you!
The IPK has 3 Amphenol connectors on the right side. The very last one near the back is for slots 1-3, then 4-6, then 7 and 8. SO looking at the side panel they go right to left. The punchdown order depends on what card is in what slot. If you put an ESI8 port station card in slot 1, then the first 8 pairs, white/blue through red/green will be ports 01-08 on the station card. Add a COIB8 card in slot two and then the punchdown would be red/brown through yellow/blue. I like to plan ahead, so I will leave an open slot between station and CO cards for more logical expansion later. You can download the hardware and programming manuals online. I got both for freee online.
"It seems there is a lack of local help that has experience with NEC products."

Where are you from?? Just curious. Your profile has very little info about you.
I can look around and refer you to some phone guys who would be able to help you for very reasonable rates. But to do so, I need to know where you are from.

It doesn't help that this is a discontinued system...
I concur with the others that learning under fire is probably not the best choice for you or for your customer. You can find certified NEC techs in your area under the "Installers" button above.
Again, it would help if we know where your from.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help