atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DThompson Aspire S and SIP Phones - 08/21/12 10:43 PM
I have an Aspire S phone system running 7.32 software. I want to add a SIP phone to the system, but can't seem to get an Aastra 6730i to connect. Has anyone had any luck in getting a SIP phone to work with an Aspire system? All i can get is an error 480 - unavailable on the phone.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 08/22/12 09:16 PM
NEC Aspire does not support SIP extensions. It does Support SIP Trunks.

DJ
Posted By: DThompson Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 08/23/12 03:26 PM
Tip&Ring,

Thanks for your response. But, in the programming manual for the Aspire S system under program 84-20, it addresses SIP extensions:

Use Program 84-20 : SIP Extension Basic Information Setup to define the basic options for the SIP extensions.

I can set the Regristrar/Proxy port settings, etc. for a SIP extension here. Does this feature not work in the Aspire system?

Thanks again.
DT
Posted By: DThompson Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 10/25/12 12:11 AM
Just an update on this issue. I have successfully connected a SIP hardphone and several different SIP softphones to my Aspire S system.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 10/25/12 04:50 AM
@Dthompson can you share (if not on the board in a PM) what you did to get this working? I have gone through the software manual and just can't quite figure it out.

Thanks
Posted By: DThompson Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 10/26/12 07:48 PM
@Nortelvoip,

There's no easy answer to your question unfortunately since it depends on whether the SIP phone is local (on same LAN as Aspire) or remote. It took some playing around to get it to work for me.

Do you have the latest software and firmware?

I'm by no means an expert, but mostly just lucky. But, i would be willing to help as much as i can on here if you'll leave me some info on the configuration you have, etc.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 10/28/12 03:39 AM
Thanks DT. It is going to be on the same LAN. I do have the latest software and firmware.
Posted By: DThompson Re: Aspire S and SIP Phones - 10/30/12 12:07 AM
Being on the same LAN will definitely simplify the install.

I didn't use any passwords, or login credentials to keep my install simple. All my SIP phones will be running thru a VPN connection to our main office, so the Aspire is hidden behind our firewall.

Just direct your SIP phone to the IP of the NTCPU static IP you assigned it on your network. On my phones (Aastra 6730i) i had to define the NTCPU IP for the Proxy server, Registrar server, and Outbound Proxy server. Also, i used port 5070 since that's the port for the SIP extensions. Port 5060 was setup for SIP trunking, so i just left that alone.

Hope that helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help