atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: muddybl Dead air recording on VM - 10/03/12 11:50 PM
I must be missing something, can someone tell me if there is a setting to stop the voice mail on a SV8100 from transferring a call when the person hangs up on AA. The second is when a customer hears the voice message and they hang up I am getting dead air being recorded as a new message. Is there a setting to setup to watch for the hang up signal from the telephone company to stop this from happening.
Posted By: doghart Re: Dead air recording on VM - 10/04/12 01:01 AM
On UM8000: Easiest way to solve this issue is to have the opening box greeting set to "say bye" instead of transferring somewhere when the greeting is completed.

If someone doesn't dial an extension or press a menu option they get hung up on.

"remain on the line to speak to an operator/leave a message" is what's killing you.

If you're worried callers will get hung up on often, have the greeting play twice before dropping them.

If InMail: Change the timeout option in 47-13 to "hang up"

D
Posted By: dans Re: Dead air recording on VM - 10/04/12 01:31 PM
You also need to confirm if you haven't already if the provider is sending a disconnect order also known as supervised disconnect or disconnect supervision around here.
Posted By: djevanstn Re: Dead air recording on VM - 10/11/12 12:37 PM
dans mentioned my first thought - be sure the LEC or CLEC is actually sending the "call disconnect"

You might tell us what type line/trunk feeds the switch (analog, SIP, PRI, T1, etc)
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Dead air recording on VM - 10/11/12 05:08 PM
I side with Dans on this...
there is an Entry specifically for this, also used for tandem trunking
Posted By: muddybl Re: Dead air recording on VM - 10/23/12 11:56 PM
Found 2 things, the diconnect from the telephone company was not coming through right away. The 2nd was programming the hang up in 47 - 12 made everything work great.

Thank you all for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help