atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/18/12 02:30 AM
Client has an NEC DSX and wishes to extend the PBX to a separate building. Cabling between the buildings is not possible...will have to be via Internet or wireless bridge. I researched Citel MCK Extenders and it does not appear they are compatible with this system. Is there another way to accomplish this? Client needs only about 3 extensions in the remote location.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/18/12 10:17 AM
VPN and VoIP phones? The DSX has a solution already built-in.

Carl
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/18/12 10:24 AM
I'm not familiar with the DSX...will probably bring in a qualified vendor to assist, but want to know what I'm getting into.

So, the system is VoIP ready? What sets are used? Currently they're using digital sets at the main location.
Posted By: Ken B Re: Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/18/12 12:17 PM
The system will support up to 32 IP phones - you must add a VoIP daughterboard to the system & then you can add the DSX IP phones - they look just like the 34 button digital phones.

I would recommend a qualified vendor that has access to tech support for the install & programming.

Ken B.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/18/12 02:04 PM
Great, thanks for the info. Does NEC have a bandwidth calculator?
Posted By: Ken B Re: Extending NEC DSX via TCP/IP? - 10/26/12 12:27 PM
No, but they do have links to other calculators listed on their website. They do have the availability to set up to 4 different profiles with different codecs to help with bandwidth constraints.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help