atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RollOUT NEC SV810 MOH (IP Flex) - 01/10/13 08:19 PM
I have SEVERAL SV8100 systems that the on hold music sounds horrible. The music sounds great as BGM on a digital/IP station but when a trunk is on hold it is distorted. I have tried several diferent music sources all with the same result. I have adjusted the gain in 10-4-03 up and down, without any change. The IP Flex PRI is compressed using g7.29, and I know uncompressing the IP Flex(g 7.11) fixes this issue, but when we have data on the IP Flex, of course we have other issues. HERE IS THE KICKER....ITS DOES NOT HAPPEN AT EVERY SITE (HIT OR MISS)
Has any one experienced this??

Posted By: oobie Re: NEC SV810 MOH (IP Flex) - 01/10/13 08:42 PM
I had a CLEC that deliver POTS service to quite a few of our customers via IAD's. The moved from a Nortel DMS switch to a Nortel Soft switch and I had the same problem. They were injected some comfort noise that would cause the MOH to static distorted or not even audible. It took me going on site with 2 different phone systems and one of there tech to prove to them that it was not our equipment.

Just a thought
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC SV810 MOH (IP Flex) - 01/10/13 08:43 PM
You got it. G7.29 will not be good at "streaming" music. Complete carrier issue.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help