atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello,

i am using NEC ASPIRE SYSTEM, for some extensions i am getting Extension does not exists. when i search on google i came to know that its a BAD STATION (The PMS system has sent a message for an extension that does not exist or is not functioning.).

Please suggest what i have to do this for.
Do you have an Aspire system with a DSS console? If the DSS is set to Hotel/Motel mode, you would get this message for any extensions that are not physically connected to the system.

If you are using this in a hotel, you can cancel the messages. If this is in a business setting, you need to change the operating mode of the DSS console to Business mode.
thanks for the reply i am using this in business. can you please suggest how can i change the operating mode of the DSS console to Business mode.
It is program # 30-01 in Aspire programming. That is where you set the operation mode of the DSS console.
Hi Toolie, i have checked in 30-01 all the 32 DSS Console's are in Business Mode only. then also i am getting as Extension doesnt exists. Please help me.
Need a few more details then. What is happening when you get the message that the extension does not exist? Is this on an intercom call - or something through the voice mail system?

Do you know what extension numbers are getting the "does not exist" message?

Hi Toolie,

Thanks for the prompt response.

When we dial the Intercom call its getting connected.
When some one calls from outside its giving as extension does not exists. and returning to the Welcome message.
the extensions numbers are 584 and 575
I think you will need to look at the "dial action table" in your voicemail program. Make sure the table is set up to allow calling to extensions that start with the number 5, and that it is set to three digit extension numbers.

If you are using Aspire Intramail for example - the program is #47-13. Depending on which dial action table your welcome message mailbox uses - you would set the 5 digit (which in Intramail is undefined by default) to UTRF, and the data to XXX, indicating a 3 digit extension.

Whatever is happening, the issue is almost certainly with the voice mail setup, and not the Aspire itself.

Good Luck!
Can you please guide me how can i make changes to dial action table" in your voicemail program. i am having access to System Admin mailbox.
Which voice mail system are you using?
we are using inbuilt Voice Mail System not using any external one.
If i Dial 700 and dial the System Admin Mailbox
i am getting the following options.

broadcast Message
welcome Message
instruction Menu Message
Anouncement Message
Erase all meesage in a mailbox
Delete of Security
Interactive prompts
System prompt customization
System power down
Directory Dialling Message
Mailbox Names
Answering Schedule Override
We're getting closer. Now, I need to know if you are using Intramail (it will be a compact flash card on the processor), or AspireMail (it will be a separate card in the system cabinet.)

Also - when doing programming changes to the Aspire, do you program through a telephone set, WebPro or PC Pro?
we are using WebPro to make changes to the system.
If you are using WebPRo and Intramail, look in program # 47-13. That is the dial action tables.
Hi,

In 47-13,
The following Options have entered.
Dial action table 1 is only configured, remaining nothing is configured. in Dial action table 1 please find the below

Action Data
01-1 UND
02-2 UND
03-3 UTRF XXX
04-4 UTRF XXX
05-5 UND
06-6 UND
07-7 UND
08-8 UND
09-9 HANGUP
10-0 UTRF 301
11-* REC1 IXXX
12-# LOGON IXXX
13- UTRF 301
(TIMEOUT)

Please help me.
Siva, like Toolie said, program 05-5 UND in that same table like the other extensions 03, and 04. So 05-5 UND would become 05-5 UTRF XXX.
Hello, i have changed 05-5 to UTRL XXX, still i am getting that extension doesnot exist. Please help me.
It's UTRF, not UTRL
Yes its UTRF only, i have typed wrong here. didnt find any change after chaning this.
Can you dial those extensions from other phones?
Make sure the extensions have mailboxes assigned in 47-02.
Internal i can make calls and receive calls. and i can make outgoing calls also. only problem is in receiving the calls from outside.
Re-check 47-02.
in 47-02, Intramail Station Mailbox Options
01- Mailbox Active No for all Mailbox(1-128)
What are some of the extensions that do work?
551, 500, 537, 528,501, 502, 503, 504, 520 are working.
Please help me.
I suppose getting a certified tech in is out of the question?
Are you by chance using the directory dialing feature in Intramail?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help