atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: techguy0802 DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/02/13 02:45 PM
Hey Guys

Is there a version of DSX Administrator that works on windows 8 I just got a new lap top and I am trying to load the lap top up.Thanks in advance for all the help.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/02/13 03:30 PM
Try looking in the dsx forum. https://www.necdsx.com/dsxforum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=2610
Posted By: techguy0802 Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/02/13 04:33 PM
Hey Carl I am not registered there bro can you help me out
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/02/13 06:22 PM
Go to the website and register. It's free and you don't have to depend on others to help you. Better yet, why not buy an XP laptop for $130? Now you don't have to ask any questions.

1. Start the command prompt in Win 8.
2. Enter "shutdown.exe /r /o"
3. When your machine restarts choose option #7 "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now SysAdmin will install just like it did on Win 7. I tested it on a desktop and two different laptops with no issues.

Posted By: techguy0802 Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/04/13 02:21 PM
Thanks Carl I just registered there
Posted By: Deltron Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/06/13 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Carl Navarro
Go to the website and register. It's free and you don't have to depend on others to help you. Better yet, why not buy an XP laptop for $130? Now you don't have to ask any questions.

1. Start the command prompt in Win 8.
2. Enter "shutdown.exe /r /o"
3. When your machine restarts choose option #7 "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now SysAdmin will install just like it did on Win 7. I tested it on a desktop and two different laptops with no issues.
You copied my post from over there. Took a bit of time to figure that one out.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 02/07/13 12:52 AM
Oh wow. Thanks for telling us and nice to meet you. Yep, I've done DSX for a couple of years now, from the 2.x days through the temperature on the display :-)

Next time I'll try to remember to credit the source of the poster along with the post.

Carl
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: DSX Administrator for Windows 8 - 01/14/14 06:23 PM
I know this is an older topic from last February, but I am having trouble connecting to a NECDSX 40 via usb from a windows 8.1 tablet. I have successfully installed System Administrator 3.3 to the tablet, via the instructions above, but when trying to connect via usb from the tablet, the connection times out and fails. I still have a xp laptop that I can use if I can't get this tablet to work.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help