atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toolie Intramail Question - 03/29/13 01:57 PM
I have Intramail running on a UX5000. The client has an option on the auto-attendant that allows a caller to press "2" to get directions to their site. (Used by truckers bringing in freight) Once they get to that box - the directions are given along with a prompt to press "9" if they want the directions repeated. I have the 9 in the dial action table set to go back to that mailbox (UTRF) - so it will repeat the message. It does that, but not until after the Intramail system says "That is an invalid entry". Many times, the caller hears that and hangs up........ I know I can change this to an announcement mailbox that just keeps repeating until the caller hangs up - but the client really is hung up on this press 9 to repeat thing......... looking for suggestions on how to make that work without the error message.
Posted By: dans Re: Intramail Question - 03/29/13 02:04 PM
Set 9 goto to the annoucement mailbox, not UTRF
Posted By: Toolie Re: Intramail Question - 03/29/13 02:24 PM
Thanks dans - so if I understand correctly, I can use the GO TO function to repeat the greeting - even though I am going to the same mailbox they are already in? The way I have it set up right now is they press 2 from auto attendant and route to directions mailbox 3020. They are told in that announcement that they may press 9 at any time to repeat the directions...... I have been using UTRF in the dial action table....

I will give the GO TO function a try.
Posted By: dans Re: Intramail Question - 03/29/13 04:31 PM
Anytime I use sub menus for instructional or announcement mailboxes I set the transfer type as goto.

UTRF is used for transfer to extensions

The dial 9 option is foolish when any announcement mailbox can be setup to repeat once or multiple times.
Posted By: Toolie Re: Intramail Question - 03/29/13 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by dans
The dial 9 option is foolish when any announcement mailbox can be setup to repeat once or multiple times.

I totally agree! But you know how the end users can be about things.....they want what they want, doesn't matter if it makes no sense.

I wonder why they need a "directions" box anyway. I would think pretty much every truck driver now has a GPS in their rig........
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help