atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kechapa DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 01:10 PM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong I have the bogen properly setup where I can page with my buttset but the paging port on the DS2000 wont make the connection. I am being told by NEC they do not support this anymore. Can someone please help me. Most of my work is on the DSX not this model and it is throwing me for a loop.
Posted By: dans Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 01:24 PM
If I remember the paging port uses pins 4 and 5 going into the CPU card, and by default all stations are able to all call page in class of service, you need to confirm in programming.
Posted By: Kechapa Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 01:52 PM
Correct. I can hear the system pickup as it is going to page with my buttset but it is not triggering the Bogen PCM to select the zone.
Posted By: Toolie Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 01:52 PM
I would guess it's the input to the Bogen where you have the issue. You have three options as a paging input on that module. (set by dip switches) You can set the Bogen to be called as if it's a station on the PBX, or use a loop or ground start trunk port, or - a page port setting. If you use the page port setting, you have to also provide a contact closure on pins 2 and 5 of the 6 pin input connector.
Posted By: ttech Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 02:07 PM
The paging port of the DS2000 will not pass dtmf to chooses a zone, so I would use a trunk or analog station port if you have one.
Posted By: Kechapa Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 02:38 PM
I have never had to set a trunk port for this before. Can anyone direct me through setting this up please. This would really help me out of a bind
Posted By: Toolie Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 03:17 PM
I can tell you that on the Bogen PCMTIM module you set DIP switches 3,4,5 to on (all others off) to set up the Bogen for input from loop start trunk port.

Not too familiar with DS2000 - so I will let someone else address that end of the connection.

I think the simplest way to go if you have an available analog station port - is to connect to the Bogen that way. Then, you simply call that extension number to make the page. If you go that way - the Bogen DIP switches are set to S6 on, all others off......
Posted By: Kechapa Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 03:21 PM
I do not have any anolog station cards just 2-16extension digital cards and 2 8 port analog trunk cards. frown
Posted By: skip555 Re: DS 2000 paging port to Bogen PCMTIM - 04/25/13 03:37 PM
tie it into the last open trunk port , mark that button paging and you should be good .

the bogen manual page 8 "pbx loop start trunk port " should guide you
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help