atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pchesnut Full Duplex phone for NEC DS2000 - 04/29/13 04:44 PM
Hello all,

We recently switched from analog Verizon phone lines to bundled package with Comcast. Really like the fast internet speed but not loving the bad cutouts out clients are having when we use speaker phone on our half duplex 22BTN handsets. Appears to have something to do with the noise cancellation on the Comcast VOIP.

I read a post from a veteran on this site about using a mouse pad to isolate the phone which seems to help a good bit.

However, I would really like to get full duplex handset for a couple of our users. Is there a DS2000 compatible full duplex handset? I know we could switch to analog lines but that messes up the voice mail, etc.
Posted By: dans Re: Full Duplex phone for NEC DS2000 - 04/29/13 10:52 PM
You will not find full duplex digital phones, since they were working before switching to Comcast you might want to try adjusting the gain on the trunks.

FYI, these phones were not the best for speaker phone use, especially when there is back ground noise.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Full Duplex phone for NEC DS2000 - 04/30/13 01:47 AM
you could add a couple of SLT duplex phones like polycom but the problem with the comcast "phone service is likely to continue . why not keep the comcast internet and go back to the analog verizon phone lines for the voice quality
Posted By: pchesnut Re: Full Duplex phone for NEC DS2000 - 10/21/14 08:21 PM
Late follow up; switched to analog line for the users with key speaker phone requirement.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Full Duplex phone for NEC DS2000 - 10/21/14 10:27 PM
Bad CPU will make speakerphones weird.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help