atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DanWS Dial Action Table Routing - 08/19/13 10:55 PM
Hi, all.

NEC DSX-40

I have a client who uses a routing mailbox on all incoming calls to feed three department groups with distinctive ring. They would like to add a 4th DAT option to send the call back to a key ring that would include some users of all three groups. Since the DSX does not allow an extension to belong to multiple department groups, I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to accomplish this. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Posted By: Ken B Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/19/13 11:46 PM
You could transfer the call to one of the on-board analog ports & setup a ringing call coverage key for it on the sets you wish to ring.
Posted By: DanWS Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/20/13 01:03 AM
That's actually a great idea, Ken. Unfortunately, I'm out of analog ports. I wish there was a way to get back to key ring from Intramail...
Originally Posted by Ken B
You could transfer the call to one of the on-board analog ports & setup a ringing call coverage key for it on the sets you wish to ring.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/20/13 01:44 AM
using kens thought just point it to a unused digital port with ringing call pick up
Posted By: DanWS Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/20/13 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by skip555
using kens thought just point it to a unused digital port with ringing call pick up

Another good idea, but the DSX won't let you dial a non-existent digital extension. You'll get the cryptic "that is an invalid entry" error.

EDIT: or "your call cannot go through"
Posted By: ttech Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/20/13 11:17 AM
Point it to a group and put call cover keys on the phones for the group.

You can also try using a call coverage button for an unused digital station. I believe it works.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Dial Action Table Routing - 08/23/13 12:39 PM
Just make sure the Phone Type in 2101 doesn't say "Uninstalled." As long as it's defined as a phone, you should be able to use it as a phantom.

What ttech instructed also works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help