atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: norstaruser Electra Elite IPK - 09/08/13 07:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

In previous posts of mine I have had a very old Nortel 616. Now I have ordered a NEC Electra Elite IPK. My question to you guys is this: The system that I got only has a CPUI-U20. I know this is the central processor. Will this support Internal extensions such as the DTU-8D-2 telephone? I know that I don't have an CO line card yet buy I am wondering if the CPUI-U20 is enough for 5 internal extensions? Thanks everyone!
Posted By: paulw Re: Electra Elite IPK - 09/08/13 11:12 PM
Sounds like they are going from one obsolete system to another. Why not upgrade them to something new like a SV8100. In my part of the world the Elite IPK 1 has no sales or tech support..
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Electra Elite IPK - 09/08/13 11:43 PM
No built in digital station ports on an IPK cpu. You will need an esi type card or other.
Posted By: norstaruser Re: Electra Elite IPK - 09/09/13 08:48 PM
Thanks. Okay so I placed an order for a digital station card. Today, I recieved my Electra Elite IPK for UPS. I got it off of eBay. The box was filled with packing peanuts. I know that you aren't supposed to have any sort of static electricity conductors around computer cards, processors, etc. Bits and pieces of the peanuts are everywhere throught the KSU. The were all stuck inbetween the processor and where the battery plugs are. Since I don't have a digital station card yet, I can't test it. I plugged it in and the central processor LEDs are on. The bottom Red LED is on steady red, however the top red LED is flashing rapidly. Is this unit safe to use and do you guys think it will work later?

I could really use some support here.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Electra Elite IPK - 09/09/13 10:13 PM
I quick check in the IPK hardware manual will tell you about blinking lights.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Electra Elite IPK - 09/10/13 07:28 PM
Dterm, respectfully, I think that you might be out of your depth. It will save you substantial frustration and annoyance if you just call a qualified installer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help